One cache, three attempts

IT took me 4 tries to find a cache the 3rd time I went I took 3 other cachers and we looked for a hour still zip.Well I came back the next day with my son-in-law and we where going to look till we found it 10min after we got to the cache area I triped over a limb hit the ground and guess what.Yes you are right I look up and there it is I found it,and after about 8 hours of previous looking.Talk about Forest Gumping your way thru something. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I would follow my GPS to the gates of Hell if it pointed that way.

IT took me 4 tries to find a cache the 3rd time I went I took 3 other cachers and we looked for a hour still zip.Well I came back the next day with my son-in-law and we where going to look till we found it 10min after we got to the cache area I triped over a limb hit the ground and guess what.Yes you are right I look up and there it is I found it,and after about 8 hours of previous looking.Talk about Forest Gumping your way thru something. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I would follow my GPS to the gates of Hell if it pointed that way.

My first cache was "one foot in the downs".

Now, I had found the geocaching web site, but initially did not have a GPS (I've borrowed one now!!).

I looked up this site, and the clue said that the cache was "15 mtrs in a xyz direction from the cross"... so I found it on a map, and thought to myself "hey, who needs a GPS for THAT".

So I go the place, park the car, walk up the hill to see a large stone cross, a monumant to those who died in the 2nd world war. And there, 15 mtrs away was some undergrowth, but could I find a box. No!

OK, revisited again a week later, with GPS and 2 kids (they are FAR better at finding caches than adults!!!) but only 15 mins spare.... STILL no luck.

So I emailed the cache owner, an ended up having a great chat on the phone with him (Hi Tim!). He suggested meeting up at the site....

Well, to end a long story... there was a SECOND cross (for those who died in the FIRST world war!) made of wood about 30 metres away.... and right next to it is a load of trees ..... need I say more!

However, a lovely introduction to Geocaching!

Paul

Paul B