help me solve this mystery

hi guys; I'm sure this has been discussed but could just use some help here, little mystery situation...

today I was out caching, and actually stumbled across a cache (had BLANK log, with title 'lost my cup' at the top, and a trackable in it); I was amazed but quickly noticed that the cache is not actually on geocaching.com....I'd like to log it if possible but need to find it. my thoughts are that it:

1) may have been archived and left behind...but the empty log is a bit confusing if that's the case

2) may not yet have been published; the empty log matches that, but, the inside of the cache was damp and it hasn't rained here for a couple of weeks at least; it would have been published by now

3) may not be a Groundspeak cache; but, the trackable in it IS on the Groundspeak site, but is listed as 'in the hands of userxxxx', but clearly that user has dropped it here and not logged that drop (the cache is not in their list of found caches).

anyone have any advice on helping me find this one? I don't have GSAK though I know it might help. if it helps, it's at the SW corner of manning drive and old victoria road at N 42 53.044 W 81 07.515.

thanks very much,

theridgeway

I'd guess his hide was not approved by the reviewer or the land manager. He never went back to pick it up.

yeah possibly....thanks for your input. I've msged the trackable's last holder; perhaps it was actually his own hide that was never approved, hopefully will find out soon...

Edited by theridgeway

I'd guess his hide was not approved by the reviewer or the land manager. He never went back to pick it up.

yeah possibly....thanks for your input. I've msged the trackable's last holder; perhaps it was actually his own hide that was never approved, hopefully will find out soon...

That's how one of my coins went missing. The cacher picked it up, then placed it in a cache he created. It wasn't published, and my coin was never retrieved and put into an active cache, so that it could get retrieved and moved on. :(

If you can get back there, and retrieve the coin, and get it back in motion, that would be much appreciated by the trackable owner.

B.

hi guys; I'm sure this has been discussed but could just use some help here, little mystery situation...

today I was out caching, and actually stumbled across a cache (had BLANK log, with title 'lost my cup' at the top, and a trackable in it); I was amazed but quickly noticed that the cache is not actually on geocaching.com....I'd like to log it if possible but need to find it. my thoughts are that it:

1) may have been archived and left behind...but the empty log is a bit confusing if that's the case

2) may not yet have been published; the empty log matches that, but, the inside of the cache was damp and it hasn't rained here for a couple of weeks at least; it would have been published by now

3) may not be a Groundspeak cache; but, the trackable in it IS on the Groundspeak site, but is listed as 'in the hands of userxxxx', but clearly that user has dropped it here and not logged that drop (the cache is not in their list of found caches).

anyone have any advice on helping me find this one? I don't have GSAK though I know it might help. if it helps, it's at the SW corner of manning drive and old victoria road at N 42 53.044 W 81 07.515.

thanks very much,

theridgeway

I once stumbled upon a cache in the Barton Creek Greenbelt a couple years ago that I was unable to find on the Geocaching website. I signed the log and took note of the name of the cache and also all the other people who had signed the log. I finally found the cache owner, but they had not logged onto the GC website in years. My guess was they placed the cache and for some reason never submitted it for review??? At least it did not have any trackables in it!

I had a similar situation once. was searching for a cache in a pet cemetary. Found a container in a tree stump, but it was not on the GS system, and had a different name. Logged a DNF with a description of what I had found and why I didn't consider it a find. Went back 3 months later and found the actual cache. Someone had placed the first cache I found on top of the GS cache. Same tree stump.