Garmin Oregon 450 - can't download pocket queries

TJPost

I've been using my Garmin Oregon 450 for a couple of years now and it recently developed a problem. I run a pocket query, have it ready to click and drag, plug my unit into my laptop and the 450 starts to turn on. It says it's connected to the laptop - so far, normal, working as usual. After a minute, instead of the screen popping up that I can click on to pull up the GPX files my unit turns on and once it does that I can't load the PQ. How do I keep it from turning on? Or, how can I download once it's on? Thanks in advance for help - wish I was way more techie than I am! I checked the Garmin web site but couldn't find this problem addressed.

I have an Oregon 450t and I have never seen anywhere that you can set it to operate or gps mode. If there is such a place I would love to know about it. If I plug the gps into the computer and it turns on, all I do is turn it back off. Unplug it from the computer and plug it in again and it corrects itself and the folders pop up on the computer for me to load my caches. :)

If I plug the gps into the computer and it turns on, all I do is turn it back off. Unplug it from the computer and plug it in again and it corrects itself and the folders pop up on the computer for me to load my caches. :)

I have to do the same thing with my Oregon 450. I think it is just a strange characteristic which if you are in a hurry can be annoying. :o