'PRO' feature

Voortrekkers

In one of the dutch forums people are discussing (...) about creating a kind of 'certification mark'. There should be some local judges to rate the cache. Very hard to implement in my opinion.

Something came to mind. I think it should be possible to get the rate of favorites on certain caches (e.g. a favorite% of let's say 50%) to make it a PRO-geocache.

People who want to do this cache can upgrade their premium account to a PRO-account (which costs more ofcourse). Just to get rid off all the caches placed behind tree, lanterns and so on. Everyone knows about cachers who play the game a few months, place a few caches and then move on to other hobbies...

I know, it's just something that popped up, but I really think this could be something to 'make a difference'.

Something came to mind. I think it should be possible to get the rate of favorites on certain caches (e.g. a favorite% of let's say 50%) to make it a PRO-geocache.

People who want to do this cache can upgrade their premium account to a PRO-account (which costs more ofcourse).

I never ever would want to offer my caches only to cachers who pay money to Groundspeak. I do not feel any sort of attachment to Groundspeak.

Just to get rid off all the caches placed behind tree, lanterns and so on. Everyone knows about cachers who play the game a few months, place a few caches and then move on to other hobbies...

I have a number of well received caches. My caches are typically placed trees or tree stumps. For me it's about the journey to the cache and what can be seen and not about the hideout.

Many of the caches I regard as lame have been placed by hiders with more finds than I do have.

I know, it's just something that popped up, but I really think this could be something to 'make a difference'.

It would make me stopping to hide caches and archive my existing ones.

Cezanne

I never ever would want to offer my caches only to cachers who pay money to Groundspeak. I do not feel any sort of attachment to Groundspeak.

I agree 110% I can't stand people who place Premium Member Only caches. What's the fun in that? This game is suppose to be for everyone! :rolleyes: