Rhino Geocoin

CW88

I just received the samples of one of my next coins this week - the Rhino Geocoin.

I did see another rhino coin came out recently while the samples of these were in production, but I think they aren't too similar.

They are another addition to some of my recent African themed coins, and measure 5mm thick (at their thickest point), 2 inches wide and will be trackable on geocaching.com with a unique icon.

The front side is a highly detailed 3D design (based on a photo I took of a young Black Rhino taken at the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage in Kenya), and the back side is a rhino in grasslands (with a hard enamel finish for most versions, and soft enamel with epoxy for one version).

I'm hoping to try and have these for early October, but due to travelling they could take until November to be available.

For now here are the 5 samples I received (though some will have some small changes): Antique Copper, Silver and Gold (RE's) and Satin Silver and Black Nickel (White and Black Rhino LE's).

rhinocoins.jpg

In Order they are:

Antique Copper Satin Silver

Antique Silver Black Nickel

Antique Gold

The Black Nickel and Satin Silver are both very shiny, so were a bit hard to get good photos of using flash, which might be giving that effect.

And I'm not completely sure on price for them yet - I think quite a few will also be going to some shops in South Africa so if I end up ordering quite a lot then the price should be a bit better.