What is the oldest regular cache that has gone unfound?

JoeCthulhu

Well, here's a chance to pimp Marty621's Night Vision cache again! It hasn't been logged since Jan. 11, 2002. I'm sure there are others out there that have gone longer, but probably none this easy.

The only "difficult" part of the cache is it MUST be done at night. Take away the darkness and it would be a quick 2/2 cache or easier in a popular park.

This was one of my all time favorite caches, and I bet Stayfloopy and BassoonPilot (the only other 2 cachers to log it) would agree its a fun cache.

Illegitimus non carborundum!

quote:
Originally posted by Kouros:

You might like to check out http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=21425.

It's a relatively easy cache... but getting there is another matter. No one has found it since it was placed in March.

Well, thats it. There are plenty of unlogged caches that are HARD to get to, like that one, and several threads devoted to exceptionally hard ones to log. What about fairly easy ones that just seam to sit for no reason?

Illegitimus non carborundum!

Brazos River Adventure was placed 8/4/2001. It has yet to be found. So far only one attempt has been logged, and it would seem from the listing versus their log they were in the right general area. However, they only have 4 finds, their not found log was in May and they haven't logged in since July. The cache owner has apparently dropped out. No new hides since this one, no finds this year, and last login in June. Hmmm... a challenge....

Oh, and did I mention that it's a hydrocache, reportedly boat (canoe or kayak type) required?

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching

This one hasn't been found since it was placed in Feb. I know that isn't a real long time, but considering that there are over 15 million people crammed into the NY/NJ metro area and its the caching grounds of Geocaching stalwarts such as CCCooperagency, Stayfloopy and BassoonPilot, it's been sitting there quite a while.

"Life is a daring adventure, or it is nothing" - Helen Keller

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on October 16, 2002 at 07:35 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by targetdrone:

What else is there in New Jersey??

I spent a couple of months in East Rutherford (before my Geocaching days) looking at swamplands.

yeech!

It's a shame you didn't venture out of East Rutherford. icon_rolleyes.gif I've lived in NJ my whole life, and it's (mostly) a beautiful state. I'm sure StayFloopy and the others will agree, and they've seen even more of it than me.

----------

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." - Lily Tomlin