Notification mail for declined waymarks

stebu

Hi!

I'm a newbie in proposing new waymarks. I recently tried a couple, one is still waiting for review.

The other one was declined after a lengthy voting period. I noticed it by looking at the waymark's description.

I think it is rather rude to decline without offering any reasons, either in an automatic email(?) or a personal mail.

Is this kind of a notification a standard procedure, when a waymark publication is declined.

I don't want to learn blindly by just submitting waymarks until I reach the required level.

I need feedback to become a proficient waymatker!

Edited by stebu

Hi!

I'm a newbie in proposing new waymarks. I recently tried a couple, one is still waiting for review.

The other one was declined after a lengthy voting period. I noticed it by looking at the waymark's description.

I think it is rather rude to decline without offering any reasons, either in an automatic email(?) or a personal mail.

Is this kind of a notification a standard procedure, when a waymark publication is declined.

I don't want to learn blindly by just submitting waymarks until I reach the required level.

I need feedback to become a proficient waymatker!

There is bug in the system that is preventing decline messages for waymarks that have gone to vote to go out. I know on some it does seem to work and others it does not as I have had to go both ways in the last month. The voters have to provide a reason if they vote no. The officers are not being rude they just have no control over whether email gets sent or not.

Welcome to Waymarking!

It is a great game, but like all of us, you will also run into frustrating situations. Don't let this discourage you!

There is an automatic email response for approvals AND denials, if you have not received any yet, you should check if you have entered the correct email address or if they hang in your spam filter. Furthermore an officer always has to give a reason for the denial. This answer may not be very helpful in any case but this field cannot be left blank.

There are two problems in the review process. One is the vote, if an officer is unsure the submission can be sent to vote, all officers of that category can vote on this waymark. There is a bug, if not enough of the officers participate, the vote gets stuck, we call it "in limbo". An officer has to visit the group page to release it. I currently have two limbo submissions that are hanging for quite a while.

The other problem is that a category can become abandoned. Sometimes officers lose inerest in the game, if there are no active officers left, nobody will review any further submissions. If nothing happens for mor than a week or so, you should try to contact an officer and ask for help. When nothing happens, you can ask for help here in the forum. Usually we can find a solution to get the category up and running again. (I won't go into details, but you will find many information about these topics here)