Android smartphone caching

Is there a instruction manual so to speak on how to use the android ap? I am having a hard time with the new version especially when I try to put in the coords myself. Whats the easiest way to do it or should I use something on my phone other than the GS app. Oh btw I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that I am using. Thanks for the help in advance.

Jerry

You question is a bit vague, there are +500.000 Android app's and thousands of Gps related apps.

Sorry I guess what I am looking to find out is there an easier or better app to use rather than the ground speak app for android. Everytime I try to input some coords I don't have any success in doing so. I am looking for an app that I can put the coords in and be able to navigate correctly. Hope that is better.

What are you doing exactly? Normally you would find the cache you want to go to in the and then choose "navigate". If it is a multi cache or mystery, you click on the 3 dot button on the map screen and choose "add waypoint".

I guess here is my problem. I don't see that 3 dot button I keep reading about. I believe I am using the latest version of the official app for android version 3.0.1 but there is no 3 dots that I can find so adding the next waypoint doesn't seem like an option.

What are you doing exactly? Normally you would find the cache you want to go to in the and then choose "navigate". If it is a multi cache or mystery, you click on the 3 dot button on the map screen and choose "add waypoint".

I guess here is my problem. I don't see that 3 dot button I keep reading about. I believe I am using the latest version of the official app for android version 3.0.1 but there is no 3 dots that I can find so adding the next waypoint doesn't seem like an option.

In the current version it is 3 square dots, stacked vertically, in the upper right corner of the screen.

Edit to note that this MAY look differently on your phone, but that is what and where it i son my HTC EVO 4G LTE.

Edited by Semper Questio

You can enter waypoints via the Groundspeak app, but you have to go through a cache to get to that function.

Select a cache, then select "Navigate to Geocache", then tap the 3 menu dots (upper righ tof screen), then tap "Add Waypoint". Now, how you USE that, I don't know. I can see the added waypoint on the map, but I don't know how to then use it. I use my GPSr for that kinda thing.

OK. Using that article, and referring to version 3.0.1, I figured out.....

Once the waypoint is added, look at the top center of the map screen. Tap on "compass".

When you see the compass, tap on the 3-dot menu indicator in the upper right of the screen.

Tap on "Destination" to pull up a menu of add waypoints.

Here you can select a previously added waypoint to go to or you can add another waypoint.

Good luck!

I have an older phone, so the 3 dots don't appear on mine. However, I do have a menu button on the bottom of the screen. If you see a menu button, then press that to get to the destination option. I also believe that some newer android phones have an option to replace the 3 dots with the notification bar. Just drag it down to get to the extra options.