Searching for Profiles

Al 7365

Does anyone know of a method of searching for profiles, in addition to the method of searching for profiles through the message feature?

Mainly a method where you can search for profiles created on or around the same date? I was told this may be possible through profile URL's but was given no specifics.

Searching by name is through, I think, what you're calling the message feature, where you click on "find another player" on your Account Details page.

There is no easy way to search by date of profile creation, but if you can find someone whose account was created on the same day, you can bring up their profile. The last number in the URL of their profile is sequential to profile creation, so if you add one or subtract one, then you'll get whatever profile was created just before or just after. After browsing through a few, you'll get sick of the whole thing and give up.

The last number in the URL of their profile...

The user's ID appears in the URL of their profile if you open the profile from the forums, but it doesn't in other cases, such as following the profile link from a log entry or a cache's "A cache by" link. In those cases, to find the ID, you need to look in the profile at the "See the Forum Posts for This User" link to find the ID. (I gather that the main site moved away from IDs in URLs a long time ago, but the forums still use them.)

But that's just for the record: as nonaeroterraqueous says, this technique is unlikely to be as fulfilling as one might think.