Basicmembers can not see premium caches any more on the map.

Grubix

Hello.

Until the zoom level 13, all caches have been displayed to a basicmember, including premium caches. This was very helpful as a guide to see what's caches are nearby. Then, you could ask the owner for the description. Since a few days, premium caches are no longer shown on the map.

Is this a bug or a feature? Would it be possible to display all caches again? :rolleyes:

Thank you, Grubix.

Edited by Grubix

still an issue for me. as a basic member, and a hider it is nice to know if say a small cemetery or park i'm looking at hiding in is occupied or not. I don't want to waste my time putting one out to be told a PMO cache is there that I can't see at any level of zoom.

Most times what I do is create the cache page and title it as COORDINATE CHECK and submit it, with a reviewer note stating that I am simply checking for proximity issues.

If it clears the proximity check, then I'll go out and place the cache, tidy up the cache page, and submit it for publishing.

still an issue for me. as a basic member, and a hider it is nice to know if say a small cemetery or park i'm looking at hiding in is occupied or not. I don't want to waste my time putting one out to be told a PMO cache is there that I can't see at any level of zoom.

If you do a search based on the location then they will appear in the list of caches you get back along with an approximate distance and heading. You should be able to check for saturation that way.