Car Milestones

Had a wonderful milestone moment today while trekking out to find the only covered bridge in Philadelphia, or for that matter the only covered bridge in any major city. Anyway, I just had to post this to my category. Check it out!

Where: N 40° 04.496 W 75° 02.116

Sunoco @ Welsh Road & the Lincoln Highway, Philadelphia, PA 19115 ‎

When: Wednesday, August 14, 2013

33cfc547-6d7e-4b87-b93c-7e6b6d079705.jpg

Edited by Math Teacher

Had a wonderful milestone moment today while trekking out to find the only covered bridge in Philadelphia, or for that matter the only covered bridge in any major city. Anyway, I just had to post this to my category. Check it out!

Where: N 40° 04.496 W 75° 02.116

Sunoco @ Welsh Road & the Lincoln Highway, Philadelphia, PA 19115 ‎

When: Wednesday, August 14, 2013

33cfc547-6d7e-4b87-b93c-7e6b6d079705.jpg

Heck, you don't even have the "new" off that vehicle! :) I'm going to have to keep a close out as I'm getting to roll the odometer over to 300,000 miles on my 2004 Ford F-150.

It's a funny idea. I am not against fun categories, but with this one something is missing, that I consider one of the basic requirements for a valid category: there is nothing useful to visit. Waymarking is both, posting AND visiting.

BTW: Someone else already had this idea and turned it into a Photo Goal waymark, you can log your milestone there: Record your vehicles odometer 10000's, 100000's and rollovers

....and yet you can visit the site where the milestone happened. I think many people have forgot (especially new comers) that this is actually a game also. We have plenty of fun categories like "What's in a Name". Some categories are actually limited availability. So, it is my opinion that argument is not a valid one. There is nothing wrong with having fun in this hobby. I think it would be a blast to keep track of odometers and log it when a special number comes up like 50,000 or 333333 or 565656 (you get the idea).

My argument is as valid as yours. That is not the question.

Referring to other categories is often misleading, we all know that there is a mess; and many, many of the existing categories would not have a chance in peer review today. There are some other fun categories and they are fine, but I cannot remember any of them being approved in the last few years.

I just say that I am not going to vote Yea for a category without anything meaningful to visit at a posted coordinates. You don't need my vote and I would not be sad if it gets approved, but I don't support it.

Unless you noticed all 1s on your odometer? Maybe? Come on, how cool is that!

Well my jeep is feeling neglected... I put whooping 4,000 miles on it last year. That's what happens when you work from home or are driving rental cars all the time or riding in wife's car for any trips. Of course my jeep will get about that many miles in the next month and a half when I take it on a trip.