Not sure on the etiquette ...

catluvr

I recently replaced my 400T. While setting up my new GPSr, I realized I had some field notes on the 400T that I had not uploaded. And some are from 2011! Can I mark these as found now, two years later, or is that a no-no?

Yes, you can log them now. You have the option of backdating them to the correct date.

You might want to add an explanation to your "found it" log as to why they're being logged so late. It's weird getting an email (as a cache owner) about a "found it" being logged *now* but not seeing the log in the last five logs on the cache page.

B.

You can mark them as found. Use the actual date you found the cache and provide the CO with an explanation for the late log since he/she will receive an email that the cache has been found.

Enjoy the new GPSr.

Logged them with an explanation ...thanks!

Along the same line I have tracked across several countries with a Geocaching friend at the time I didn't geocache. I have recently been "sucked in" is logging the caches from a couple of previous trips (2012 & 2013) acceptable with a note explaining I was in on the search and find but didn't geocache at the time?

Along the same line I have tracked across several countries with a Geocaching friend at the time I didn't geocache. I have recently been "sucked in" is logging the caches from a couple of previous trips (2012 & 2013) acceptable with a note explaining I was in on the search and find but didn't geocache at the time?

You can if you want, but I wouldn't bother. I have a few caches like that, and I don't really consider them my finds, just caches I helped someone else find.

BUT IF YOU DO LOG THEM, SET THE DATE TO REFLECT THE DAY YOU FOUND THE CACHE. And then put in the log the date you're actually logging it so people looking through the history aren't confused by the fact that the find is before your join date.

You can if you want, but I wouldn't bother. I have a few caches like that, and I don't really consider them my finds, just caches I helped someone else find.

BUT IF YOU DO LOG THEM, SET THE DATE TO REFLECT THE DAY YOU FOUND THE CACHE. And then put in the log the date you're actually logging it so people looking through the history aren't confused by the fact that the find is before your join date.

dprovan thanks for your thoughts and tips. I just figured since they were in countries I doubt I will be visiting again it would be nice to have some additional personal documentation of the trip.

Edited by dirkster007