Groundspeak newsletter

Simrebel

Thanks for the updates. We did deactivate MANY accounts from our hard bounce list - glad that it may be helping! :)

I just had a chat with our IT fellas and they will be checking out your e-mail to verify that it's one of those that got stuck last week. As for this week, it's possible that your newsletter may not have gone out yet. We have 3 million weekly newsletter subscribers so it can take up to 3 days from when the first batch gets sent out - which was Tuesday, due to the President's Day holiday.

Let me know if you don't get a newsletter by tomorrow and I'll relay that info to the IT folk.

@NeverSummer

From whom do you get your email for those two accounts? The issue we've been dealing with here is Comcast, but it could also become an issue with other providers. Also, do you routinely get these on Monday, or do they sometimes appear a day later?

Edited by ecanderson

@NeverSummer

From whom do you get your email for those two accounts? The issue we've been dealing with here is Comcast, but it could also become an issue with other providers. Also, do you routinely get these on Monday, or do they sometimes appear a day later?

Both are through Google's servers.

This latest one showed up a day late, but all others showed up on Mondays. Weird. Won't be needing NYPaddleCacher's extra. :anibad:

Do you happen to be using Gmail? I do, and I got mine every time, but somehow after a couple years it ended up in my spam folder. I marked it as not spam, and it started going into a promotions folder, rather than my normal folder...

This is a known problem at Groundspeak for Comcast customers. Read back in the earlier posts in this thread to understand.

They had it fixed for about six weeks or so, but it looks like it has returned.

This makes 2 weeks without a newsletter. We're losing ground, here.

First, thanks ecanderson for having the persistence to fight through this issue.

I'm also a Comcast user. The newsletters I've received this year arrived on Jan 4, Jan 10, Jan 20, Feb 3, Mar 3, Mar 10, Mar 17, and Mar 24. None since.

Granted - it's early on a Monday (well -- 1951 MDT), but unless something happens, we're 5 good followed by 3 missing now.

Well, it's Tuesday now. Did you get your newsletter yet?

I set up a Gmail account and validated it. I did not get the newsletter in either my Comcast account or my Gmail account.

My email address section on my Geocaching account looks like this:

Your Validated Email Addresses

• username@comcast.net (Primary)

• username@gmail.com

Email Preferences

• Do not show my email address to other users.

• Weekly Newsletter

• Tailored Tips and Tricks

Granted - it's early on a Monday (well -- 1951 MDT), but unless something happens, we're 5 good followed by 3 missing now.

Well, it's Tuesday now. Did you get your newsletter yet?

I set up a Gmail account and validated it. I did not get the newsletter in either my Comcast account or my Gmail account.

My email address section on my Geocaching account looks like this:

Your Validated Email Addresses

• username@comcast.net (Primary)

• username@gmail.com

Email Preferences

• Do not show my email address to other users.

• Weekly Newsletter

• Tailored Tips and Tricks

I may be wrong but I believe your newsletter only goes to your primary account. I've never gotten the newsletter on my secondary gmail account.

I may be wrong but I believe your newsletter only goes to your primary account. I've never gotten the newsletter on my secondary gmail account.

Thanks for the tip. I have now set my Gmail account as Primary. We'll see what happens next week.

We'll also see how I like having all my geocaching email sent to the Gmail account--not anticipating liking that at all. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Thanks for the tip. I have now set my Gmail account as Primary. We'll see what happens next week.

We'll also see how I like having all my geocaching email sent to the Gmail account--not anticipating liking that at all. Maybe I'll get used to it.

I have not tried it but you can forward your gmail to your comcast. Perhaps comcast won't blacklist gmail. The forwarding is under settings on gmail.

I have not tried it but you can forward your gmail to your comcast. Perhaps comcast won't blacklist gmail. The forwarding is under settings on gmail.

I also should be able to put a Gmail folder in my Comcast Mailbox. and the (or a) folder is there, but only emails from Google are showing up there. I'll try forwarding.

I also should be able to put a Gmail folder in my Comcast Mailbox. and the (or a) folder is there, but only emails from Google are showing up there. I'll try forwarding.

Well, finally I get a newsletter!! It was sent to my Gmail account and forwarded to my Comcast account. This works, but it shouldn't be this complicated.

Hey everyone!

Thanks for your patience with the missing newsletters. I had another chat with I.T. yesterday and I know that they moved e-mails to another server that has a "higher reputation" with Comcast. They will be looking into why the current one still has such a bad reputation, since they have removed all the accounts that were giving them a hard bounce message.

Hopefully the server switch should fix things again. Don't want you guys to be left in the dark. :)

The weekly newsletter isn't showing events that are closest in proximity and therefore I don't see local ones listed. From event listings in the past the one that was most useful was when the newsletter listed events within the next week in order by distance from my home coordinates. I do see distance indicated but there are closer ones being held this week that are not in the list and therefore not getting the exposure we would hope for.

The weekly newsletter isn't showing events that are closest in proximity and therefore I don't see local ones listed. From event listings in the past the one that was most useful was when the newsletter listed events within the next week in order by distance from my home coordinates. I do see distance indicated but there are closer ones being held this week that are not in the list and therefore not getting the exposure we would hope for.

We've been getting that on n off...

Lately, all "nearby" events are anything but.

This newsletter, the nearest "nearby" event is 108 miles away (as the geocrow flies), which is more like 200+, in a State I don't reside in.

- It'd be nice to rig it like notifications for distance.

We'd be happy with a "you have no nearby events" note, since there's no way we'd drive 200 miles for a meet n greet.

We've been getting that on n off...

Lately, all "nearby" events are anything but.

This newsletter, the nearest "nearby" event is 108 miles away (as the geocrow flies), which is more like 200+, in a State I don't reside in.

- It'd be nice to rig it like notifications for distance.

We'd be happy with a "you have no nearby events" note, since there's no way we'd drive 200 miles for a meet n greet.

I would love to be able to control the "search radius" for nearby events in the newsletter. This week, half the caches were more than 100 miles away. And 9 of the 10 events were more than 50 miles away. If you're going to limit the notifications to 10 events, then I'd rather err on the side of local events further in the future, instead of more distant events that are coming sooner.

Got the newsletter today.

Was gonna question through "contact us", but all in the drop down relate to problems, bugs and marketing, not "just a question".

There's a suggestion to put your pants in your socks to keep critters from crawling on your legs.

Until I started using permethrin for insects, ticks and chiggers buried through the socks.

Curious where folks come up with this stuff...

There's also a note to purchase tick repellent.

No mention of DEET or permethrin, never heard of tick repellent and would like to know where folks would buy it.

No mention of DEET or permethrin, never heard of tick repellent and would like to know where folks would buy it.

Here you go: Green Mountain Tick Repellent

Never tried it and probably won't. Ingredients are listed as rose geranium, lemongrass essential oil, cedar wood essential oil,

alcohol, and filtered water. I'm guessing it smells good, anyway.

--Larry

Same here (if that's what they're suggesting).

- But I'd think it odd that Groundspeak would refer a product not fully tested...

Maybe they simply meant insect repellent and spell check changed it. :)