Another cache container stolen

Pharisee

Another of my caches has been vandalised and the small ammo can that was the cache container has been stolen. The contents were just dumped on the ground at the cache location. For the time being I've replaced it with a plastic box but having had three ammo cans stolen, that's the last time I'll replace any more of my caches. I had plans for a couple of new trickier ones but they will not get placed now and as any of my current caches need maintenance, I'll just archive them. All my caches have been made Premium Member Only caches and will remain so but 'stable door' and 'horse' come to mind.

If the cretin responsible can read.... "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your ar.......... errr, nether regions."

I have been lucky because in 9 years of placing ammo box caches only one has ever gone missing- lots of tupperware has disappeared in that period. Actually, I suspect that why for most hiders ammo boxes go missing more than other containers is that they are both bigger (on average) and more attractive to non-cachers who stumble upon them.

Edited by Pieman

I had plans for a couple of new trickier ones but they will not get placed now and as any of my current caches need maintenance, I'll just archive them.

That will be a shame. Having done 'Your Mission....' a few years ago we have just got back to doing some Pharisee caches and appreciating the quality and effort that goes into them. As we live in Hampshire, we only get to do a stage every few months when we get over to the area.

Bad Luck Old Chap!

I've found 4 such containers.

3 quite rusty, 2 with lids unattached and 1 took me 5 minutes to prise open. Blood drawn!

Plastic L and L's seems to be my preferred find of ease.

Let them steal them. They are not as perfect as these pages allude to.

They were "THE" container 10 years previous, but a lot can happen in those years.

But I did forget one important point.

ALL were totally dry inside. :)