Geocaching for Android 3.0.1 Release Notes

nkroy

I had the update download (automaticly) last hours..

And what I had expected I did not see !

THE RADAR FUNCTION IS STILL NOT WORKING...

Is the new realease also done for Android????

I checked it on my Galaxy S2 ,on my Galaxy S4 and on my Samsung Tablet..

No way to stabilize the Compass function!

I payed for this app for 2 years now and I may expect that makers of this program

are experts in it.

The Kompas/Radar function is the most important option to play geocaching..

The earlier version was perfect..the new release is unfriendly also in working with

making extra waypoints.

I hope the makers of this app will do something about it ,because you have had already many

no good reactions of the new update..

Jan

Rotterdam

Netherlands

Hi,

I'm still having issues with 3.0.1 when trying to load gpx files from an SD card. The files are found OK but when I try to load them into the app it just hangs with 'Loading GPX File'. The only way to stop this is to end task. I've tried gpx 1.0 and gpx 1.0.1 with the same result (unzipped).

The gpx files are fine as they load OK into other apps. This issue was very similar to the versions before 2.5.1 & 2.5.2 which caused a similar error or the app going into a 'force close cycle'. It worked after version 2.5.1 but it seems we are back to square one with this version.

Thanks for bringing back radar, appreciated, as the Android version of the compass has never been very useful in any of the versions hence the need for the radar app. Removal of the radar function will render the Android app basically useless. (I'm still somewhat perplexed as to why it was removed in 3.0 and question the strategy/planning decision makers that viewed the removal of radar as a solid improvement or beneficial update).

I'm using a Samsung Ace II GT-I8160, Android 2.3.6, Gingerbread.XXLK7

(Despite two issues of 'force close' occurring when trying to move away from the compass screen when still at home, the app didn't crash 'in the field' when used to find a few caches this afternoon - fingers crossed for continued stability. I did give the compass a try but it was still jittery and prone to freezing up. I reverted to radar which is so much smoother and accurate. I can't see that there has been any real improvement in 3.0 - 2.5.2 worked and a 're-skin' to match the new 'look' would have been a good place to start - I've actually lost functionality).

Edited by Harris Tweed

Has anyone found a way to look up a trackable by its tracking code in the app. I used to be able to do tat from the old version. Whne I click on the "Trackables" button it only shows me the ones in my inventory. I was at an event last night and we were trying to look a trackable to see it's mission. We couldn't figure out how to do it. I just went through all the menus and, unless I missed something, I did not find a way to look up a particular TB.

Terrible Ts

Has anyone found a way to look up a trackable by its tracking code in the app. I used to be able to do tat from the old version. Whne I click on the "Trackables" button it only shows me the ones in my inventory. I was at an event last night and we were trying to look a trackable to see it's mission. We couldn't figure out how to do it. I just went through all the menus and, unless I missed something, I did not find a way to look up a particular TB.

Terrible Ts

From the home page click the magnifying glass in the upper right I think that's what you are looking for.

I have a question. How do I add an way point when doing a puzzle cache? I hear about these 3 dots button but I do not see it anywhere. Do I have my settings messed up or is it just the update that is messed up?

Also I am curious how to get the Radar portion to work because I only see the map and compass.

Edited by Fix-It

I have a question. How do I add an way point when doing a puzzle cache? I hear about these 3 dots button but I do not see it anywhere. Do I have my settings messed up or is it just the update that is messed up?

Also I am curious how to get the Radar portion to work because I only see the map and compass.

Go see your other thread on this subject. I just added a bunch of info.

Terrible Ts

From the home page click the magnifying glass in the upper right I think that's what you are looking for.

Of course it was the one place I didn't click on.

Thanks

Terrible Ts

Hello - see earlier post RE issues with finding gpx files on SD card and hanging.

A bit more information - my son-in-law tested this today and has exactly the same problem on his Samsung Ace II. The gpx files are showing on the SD card and in the app but when we click on them the app 'hangs' just saying "Loading GPX File".

However, we did discover today that the gpx files do actually load into the app. To make it work we have to give the app enough time to find the files then manually 'end task' - when we go back into the app the gpx files have loaded correctly as an off-line list. So, the issue seems to be that 3.0.1 doesn't stop 'Loading' or searching for the gpx files when it's already found them.

Newest Update on android. It's got some really nice features like the map and nice and fresh looking.

But on 6 occasions now it has frozen, Crashed then kicks me off the app and a message pop's up saying GeoCaching has stopped working,

It has happened when trying to do different things on the app looking up GC codes, Trying to load the off line list's (which seem to take longer loading now, like I'm trying to load a on-line list)to trying to write logs. Has anyone else had this problem??

Anyone else having problems with the GPS function not being accurate? The best I can get is about 60 feet and that is on a clear day with no trees! Usually it gives an accuracy of several tenths of a mile!!! I gave up the handheld gpsr in favor of my phone, but at the moment this app is relatively useless!!!!

I have one LG-P940 with Anroid 4.0.4 and the last version of Geocache App 3.0.1

And i notice the folowing bug's:

- the app sometimes crash when i am searching for a cache

- have terrible difficulty to find my localization (cannot fix your localization)

- the compass is not working!