Finding some strange in your cache

ubaphygg

I've found some strange things i caches before, but this one causes me to think a minute.Is this normal/usual/customary a new trend or just a mistake? Has anyone else seen this?

I recently traded some swag in a cache - no biggie I picked out a cupcake keyring sort of thing because my daughter makes cupcakes and thought I'd send it to her.

So I bring it home and show my wife a say wouldn't Emma like this? It was a kooky looking thing. My oldest daughter takes it - "Hey cool it's so cute" - "Um what's this?"

and she pulls out a slip of paper sticking out the bottom.

Unfolds and reads it - "For for steamy lovin call ###-###-#### ' with a name and email address.

Well we had quite a laugh and when my son came in with 'sooo... going 'CACHING' - oh I see how it is..."

Pretty funny stuff - but it did make me think. (of course this could've been given to a cacher in a bar somewhere who, like me, didn't see the message, or an ex wanting some bizarre revenge) has anyone else seen this?

Recently, people have been finding joints in one of my caches. :unsure:

Hmmm you might want to archive that one. Else you may be implicated unnecessarily.

The police don't care about pot here, unless you've got a grow-up in your house.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2013/06/18/Cannabis-Day-2013-Vancouver-Art-Gallery

Edited by The_Incredibles_

For us, it will always be the noodles...

86b552b1-e331-4960-8805-34d0009e1ed0.jpg

I can't decide what is the most disturbing aspect of this - a noodle terrorist or the fact that there is such a thing as spicy kimchi flavored microwaveable noodles.

They get a decent review, and the container looks like the perfect size - just add boiling water, seal the box, and wait five minutes for the next cacher to come along. Hope they're hungry.

Hmmm you might want to archive that one. Else you may be implicated unnecessarily.

This is the type of fear mongering that I find many cachers engage in. It annoys me to no end. If you can be "implicated" for something someone leaves in your cache then I suggest ALL caches should be archived because you can be "implicated" at any point in time.

Can we have the name of that cache, please. :lol:

I'll meet you there. You bring the snacks, I've got a spare bean bag chair you can use :ph34r::laughing:

How about we bring the spicy kimchi noodles from the other cache?! Okay, mon? :grin:

If the noodles aren't enough, the cache container's edible too (back left):

8672986806_30bccc090d_b.jpg

I plan to make lots of maintenance visits for this one. :ph34r:

This is the type of fear mongering that I find many cachers engage in. It annoys me to no end. If you can be "implicated" for something someone leaves in your cache then I suggest ALL caches should be archived because you can be "implicated" at any point in time.

Agreed. What if someone puts a bouncy ball in one of my caches and then a child takes it and chokes. I'd be sued and lose my house! :(

Fear mongering? - Wow I didn't see that coming. The comment was meant to be tongue in cheek. I guess I should've added a smilie.

All kidding aside, we seem to live in a world with a diminishing notion of personal responsibilities where you can be implicated in almost anything if someone wants to do that.

We now have coffee cups printed with "Caution - contents may be hot" egad.

I can envision a case of "you put your cache in a place where my 5 year old fell down a ravine, or stepped into traffic or got stung by a bee or my 10 year old smoked the joint he found in your cache". Know what I mean? - it s crazy.

Doesn't stop us from caching though!

I've found some strange things i caches before, but this one causes me to think a minute.Is this normal/usual/customary a new trend or just a mistake? Has anyone else seen this?

I recently traded some swag in a cache - no biggie I picked out a cupcake keyring sort of thing because my daughter makes cupcakes and thought I'd send it to her.

So I bring it home and show my wife a say wouldn't Emma like this? It was a kooky looking thing. My oldest daughter takes it - "Hey cool it's so cute" - "Um what's this?"

and she pulls out a slip of paper sticking out the bottom.

Unfolds and reads it - "For for steamy lovin call ###-###-#### ' with a name and email address.

Well we had quite a laugh and when my son came in with 'sooo... going 'CACHING' - oh I see how it is..."

Pretty funny stuff - but it did make me think. (of course this could've been given to a cacher in a bar somewhere who, like me, didn't see the message, or an ex wanting some bizarre revenge) has anyone else seen this?

That's just plain wrong - I mean, advertising has no place in geocaches!

I've seen cards and bits of paper that say similar things stuck to lampposts or in phoneboxes, but that's where I go looking for them, I never even considered anyone putting them in caches :P

I've seen cards and bits of paper that say similar things stuck to lampposts or in phoneboxes, but that's where I go looking for them, I never even considered anyone putting them in caches :P

As an update, I finally came to grips with the question of either aiding Ellen in her quest for Steamy Lovin or the possibility of aiding her vindictive ex in filling her inbox with unwanted requests for same. I traded the cupcake key ring in a cache this weekend...

... without the note inserted.

Ellen, Where and who ever you are, either your torment or expectation have run aground.

There was one cache that I wasn't even sure if it was a cache because when I pulled out the log sheet, it had a long list of personal secrets and numbers to call for "goods".. it wasn't until I unrolled the entire paper and saw logs on the innermost part that I realized it was in fact the cache.

We leave what we would like to find - my kids LOVE a cache with any objects but still just happy with a log book - we leave OK things for kids that we know they would like or something interesting - I have my cache drawer now and collecting lovely things that make the cache better for kids or just to find - isn't that good manners and value the hider - they have after all given us a good hunt? Personally although I know food is a big no no - that nights tea would be a plus :))