Need Help To ID a Coin

LadyBee4T

I won this coin in the silent auction at the Midwest GeoBash last month. It was labeled as an X Factor coin. When I was bidding I thought it was purple but it is red and that is even better! I thought it looked more like Burning Man but I wasn't sure that those ever were minted. I thought it was very cool so I bid against drneal and surprisingly won. :P Since then I haven't found any information about it. It doesn't have any markings as you can see. It is a little bit lighter in weight than some of my coins and it has the opening at the top so it could be worn as a medallion. Can anybody point me in the right direction to get more information about it? Thanks

2bb77026-b9bc-432e-91e5-86f9d87a8e64.jpg?rnd=0.6644059

Nope it's not trackable and it's not even a geocoin. It has absolutely no markings on it. Yep I got one from him. I think that must be a first!! LOL

I knew that once I posted that I would find information about it and sure enough Murphy's Law worked. It is Burning Man as I suspected. I found a reference of someone receiving one at the 2011 Burn as a gift. I haven't yet figured out who made it but the picture she has was this medallion. A friend had told me several years ago that she was possibly going to work on one and that is what made me bid on it. Of course the fact that it is really cool helped! But then again how can burning man be cool? LOL

Doesn't matter if it is a geocoin or not. It is now in my display with my coins. I'm still looking for more info if anybody knows of any.

That's the Burning Man 2011 coin, created by one of our fellow coin followers. DirectMint.com minted it back in June 2011. Certainly not trackable, but it was great working on the project. Not to mention the 2012 and 2013 Burning Man ;)

TMA

I really like it Pete! Is there more info available? Who minted it and how many were made etc? I knew it was Burning Man despite what Ed labeled it but can't find any other info. Maybe you could have the coin follower post here or email me privately if they wish. Thanks!

That's the Burning Man 2011 coin, created by one of our fellow coin followers. DirectMint.com minted it back in June 2011. Certainly not trackable, but it was great working on the project. Not to mention the 2012 and 2013 Burning Man ;)

TMA

I really like it Pete! Is there more info available? Who minted it and how many were made etc? I knew it was Burning Man despite what Ed labeled it but can't find any other info. Maybe you could have the coin follower post here or email me privately if they wish. Thanks!

I'll happily link them to this thread.

TMA

As long as we're playing this game, I have one, too. I'm embarrassed to admit I can't recall the name of the coin. It's a square plaque style coin with black enamel fill and a 3d silver wolf's head on it in half-profile. I had several, traded some away, traded one back and was gifted one, so it's been out there for awhile, but I can't recall what it was called. I thought it was Timber Wolf or something like that. Any ideas?

As long as we're playing this game, I have one, too. I'm embarrassed to admit I can't recall the name of the coin. It's a square plaque style coin with black enamel fill and a 3d silver wolf's head on it in half-profile. I had several, traded some away, traded one back and was gifted one, so it's been out there for awhile, but I can't recall what it was called. I thought it was Timber Wolf or something like that. Any ideas?

Can you post a picture Chris? The description doesn't jog my memory but a picture might.

Can you post a picture Chris? The description doesn't jog my memory but a picture might.

5c60bdc8-ff70-42da-a51f-8c772b97a260_zps0a820214.jpg

timberwolf

b6a69d0d-6ece-49c2-9078-7e686030f251_zpse38aab60.jpg

vgs team wolfje

4fbc098f-99cb-42c6-9753-da50863a605f_zps2daa9825.jpg

wolf haven

ILYK