Historical Massacre Site?

AliO2Go

Would like to place a cache at A historical massacre site where 23 people died... It's from a 1920's so it wasn't recent. If I keep the description non-graphic and historical is this ok? I know we try to keep it family friendly. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

Would like to place a cache at A historical massacre site where 23 people died... It's from a 1920's so it wasn't recent. If I keep the description non-graphic and historical is this ok? I know we try to keep it family friendly. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

An Indian friend once asked my father why when the white men won it was a great victory but when the Indians won it was a massacre. :huh:

Other than the mobs St. Valentines Day site I'm puzzled by a 1920's massacre....that was way past Indians.

I have done a few caches where the CO wrote about geocaching as a way to preserve our collective memory of various historical events. I think that these kind of caches are one nice thing about our game, even if some of the events are tragic.

I have not placed caches at any massacre sites, but I do have one at the site of the last political duel in California and one at the site where two union members were killed in events that led up to the San Francisco General Strike in the 30s. I also have caches that take you to WWII plane crash sites. The toll in all these locations were not as great, but it should not be a determining factor.

There were a couple of caches placed locally where victims of a serial killer were found. The way that the cache was written raised some eyebrows, but I think they have since been edited. So be careful how you word it.