Lost Greyhound Rescue, please help

dux0406

I hope this is okay to post here, I have already contacted some people privately, but our adoption agency for our beloved greyhound is desperate for the safe return for a recently rescued greyhound. I noticed she escaped in an area where there are some active caches, and hope this may help get the word out a bit more and since there are already some eyes searching in the area, maybe some may spot this girl too. Anything will help, and please don't hesitate to contact me for more information, or ANY potential information you may have. Thank you so much.

LOST GREYHOUND - near Quantico, VA

Please help Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue locate our missing foster dog, Sookie. She is a small, black female with white feet and chest. She's slightly underweight and has a bald bum as a recent racing retiree. Sookie is a bit shy and may try to run away in situations where she feels uncertain - please do not chase her!

Sookie got loose during transport to her foster home on Saturday 8/3/13 around 4:30 pm. Our volunteers lost sight of her when she entered the woods near mile marker 146.5 on I-95 South near Quantico. A concerned citizen reported that she saw a dog matching Sookie's description being coaxed into a black Toyota SUV with Massachusetts plates by a Caucasian male in the parking lot of 3255 Jefferson Davis Highway at Bumgardner Shopping Center on Sunday afternoon. Pure Gold Pet Trackers came out on Monday and tracked Sookie from the point she entered the woods to the parking lot but the scent was lost at the very spot she was sighted getting into the SUV. There have also been potential sightings on Widewater Road and Fuller Road.

Sookie had ID tags on when she got loose, but we are concerned that her tags may have been lost in her ordeal and this is why her Good Samaritan has not been able to contact us to return her. We are anxious to get her back and into foster care where she can be transitioned by experienced volunteers from racing dog to family pet. Several families are anxiously waiting to meet her. If you are the kind gentleman who picked up Sookie from the parking lot, or if you have any information regarding Sookie, please contact Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue at (866) 975-4347 or (703) 986-3712. You can also view our website at http://www.greytexpectations.org

We are offering a substantial reward for her safe return.

ht7ock.png