How do I find an archived cache?

tarkrat

I have been told there is an archived cache at 0° latitude 0° longitude. I would like to know more about it. (I may actually be taking a vacation to the African coast.)

Also, I used to geocache a number of years ago but stopped, now I am back and really getting into it. I went back and found an old cache I remembered finding, but I can not find any listings for it. I don't remember if it was on Geocahcing.com or another caching site... but I believe it was a Geocaching.com one.

If there is a way to look up archived caches I would love to know.

Thanks

The only way I know is if you know the GC number or the owner's name. You can type the GC number in the search box, and it will show even if it's archived. If you know who owns it, you can look up their profile and see all the caches they own, archived or not.

I have been told there is an archived cache at 0° latitude 0° longitude. I would like to know more about it. (I may actually be taking a vacation to the African coast.)

Also, I used to geocache a number of years ago but stopped, now I am back and really getting into it. I went back and found an old cache I remembered finding, but I can not find any listings for it. I don't remember if it was on Geocahcing.com or another caching site... but I believe it was a Geocaching.com one.

Thanks

Did you log it as "found" under your old username? It would be in the list of found caches for that username, with a red line struck through it.

Another way to find archived caches is if you know the username of someone who found it, and look at their list of found caches.

B.

an archived cache at an archived cache at 0° latitude 0° longitude.

The location of 0° 0° is in the ocean about 350 miles off shore, south of Accra, Ghana.

There were some travel bug graveyard caches there back when, and sometimes people would edit the coords on a cache to 0 0 and archive it. There is not now, nor ever has been a cache there. A TB graveyard cache and cache in PA with coords at 00 linked below

http://coord.info/GCC0B

http://coord.info/GC21FD

Edited by Isonzo Karst

You're probably thinking of the infamous Four Windows. That was not really a cache. It did not make use of a GPS in any way. There was no container. Basically a couch potato puzzle. It was archived many years ago, and (I presume) locked.

I thought that that was based at the North Pole. The idea being if you had a square house there that had a window on each side, they would all be looking in the same direction, south.

You're probably thinking of the infamous Four Windows. That was not really a cache. It did not make use of a GPS in any way. There was no container. Basically a couch potato puzzle. It was archived many years ago, and (I presume) locked.

I thought that that was based at the North Pole. The idea being if you had a square house there that had a window on each side, they would all be looking in the same direction, south.

That's right.

Posted coordinates for "Four Windows (archived)" are "N 55° 57.000 E 004° 00.000"; near the North Pole. That one was rightly archived. The idea of logging a virtual is to supposedly prove you were at the place, and very few people would have been there.

Well thank you all for your replies! I was really hoping there was a chache there... even a virtual one to somehow log or maybe floating around on a fishing boat looking for a buoy would have been a funny story.

If anyone one passes by Bennington VT drop me a greeting or visit one of my caches... all but the union street one are rather interesting! Happy hunting and let me know if someone sets up a 0 0 cache!

Posted coordinates for "Four Windows (archived)" are "N 55° 57.000 E 004° 00.000"; near the North Pole. That one was rightly archived. The idea of logging a virtual is to supposedly prove you were at the place, and very few people would have been there.

Sorry. Geocaching was broken that day. The coords are in the North Sea, which is quite a distance from the North Pole.