How do I?

How do I get to know/meet other local geocachers? I have only met one by chance so far. I am relatively new to this and apart from my daughter (who lives in the Isle of Man) nobody else I know locally does geocaching.

Is there anybody willing to team up to go to places or to go looking together? (I think I am quite sane and safe!!!)

I live in Flixton but am in Warrington most weekends so anyone near either location would be fine.

Thanks

Hi there, welcome :)

Most geocachers get to know each other by attending local geocaching events - it's a great way to put faces to those odd names you see in log books.

You can search for geocaching events from this page:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx

or, as you're a PM, you could set up a notification for all events published within a certain radius of your home location.

MrsB

Do you use facebook? (I know it's not everyone's cup of tea). I found it much easier to get to know people on the local facebook group before chatting to them for real at events. You make friends with people before meeting them in person that way :) At the events I've been too, everyone has been very friendly. If you send a message to the organiser before you go I'm sure they will make a point of saying hello :)