Need help! Caches submitted over a week ago still not published

Zatahra

I'm definitely not a newbie to caching, but I am to this problem. Our Geocaching club submitted a lot (i.e 29) of caches starting at the end of July to help people grab a cache a day for August. They were not submitted all at once, but we would hide 3 - 4 per day on weekends so it wouldn't overload the reviewer, as I figured other areas may be doing the same thing. As of today, only 15 have been published. It seems the reviewer stopped publishing them on July 28th, and did not list any feedback notes in the caches themselves to indicate why. Other caches submitted as soon as 8/4 have been published by other cachers in the area. My question is, since I have left the reviewer a note on the oldest cache, how else can I contact the reviewer to see what the hold up is. I don't want to ruffle any feathers or get anyone "in trouble" (because I'm pretty sure the reviewer has his/her hands full this month), but it would be nice to know why the remaining 14 are in limbo. Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Generally, there's more to the story than we get in the initial post on things of this nature. I'd suggest checking the cache pages again to make sure the proper boxes are checked and that there are no reviewer notes regarding changes that need to be made. After that, we or you or Bozo the Clown can assume all we want, but your best bet is to contact your reviewer. We can't do much for you here. Unless Keystone is feeling generous with his time. I anticipate more story here...

This is the 2nd complaint for the same issue in Texas. A previous thread is around here somewhere, although it was found to be without merit. Either there is an actual problem, or the OP is associated with the other.

Are you certain the cache is ready to go? Sometimes by submitting multiple listings the little box is left unchecked.

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

After finding and reading the other post, and actually accessing the Prime reviewer page, I believe this may be a miscommunication on my part. I didn't want the reviewer to hold the caches for one publish date, but also I didn't tell him not to hold them. I believe he is just waiting to see if I have any more, so I will email him directly (plus he advises a 10 day heads up). I appreciate the responses, and I believe I know what the hold up is and am good-to-go :D

*nthacker66: no teflon needed for me, I'm not a slinger, I'm a resolver (i.e., I'm old)

* 4wheelin_fool: yep, box checked, T's dotted, I's crossed....

Edited by Zatahra

After finding and reading the other post, and actually accessing the Prime reviewer page, I believe this may be a miscommunication on my part. I didn't want the reviewer to hold the caches for one publish date, but also I didn't tell him not to hold them. I believe he is just waiting to see if I have any more, so I will email him directly (plus he advises a 10 day heads up). I appreciate the responses, and I believe I know what the hold up is and am good-to-go :D

*nthacker66: no teflon needed for me, I'm not a slinger, I'm a resolver (i.e., I'm old)

* 4wheelin_fool: yep, box checked, T's dotted, I's crossed....

You also have only 39 posts on here ;-)

You will be fine until you go against groupthink or just catch one of these folks on a really bad day ;-)

Hmmmm... another complain from Texas.

Nothing new here. :ph34r:

I'm not seeing a complaint. Something happened that the OP wasn't expecting, and they're just wondering why it happened. AFAICT, the reviewer saw that the OP's club's caches were looking like being a larger series, so they changed the way they were handling the caches.

It just goes to show that if you plan on submitting more than a few caches in a short period of time, it would be best to get in touch with the reviewer beforehand to see how they would prefer things to be done (ie. submitted in small batches, all at once, etc.).

I'm not seeing a complaint. Something happened that the OP wasn't expecting, and they're just wondering why it happened. AFAICT, the reviewer saw that the OP's club's caches were looking like being a larger series, so they changed the way they were handling the caches.

It just goes to show that if you plan on submitting more than a few caches in a short period of time, it would be best to get in touch with the reviewer beforehand to see how they would prefer things to be done (ie. submitted in small batches, all at once, etc.).

And it's even in the guidelines! Very appropriate for August.... very crazy month.

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#samedaypublication

Hmmmm... another complain from Texas.

Nothing new here. :ph34r:

If I would have done a little more looking around first I could have avoided this thread - just goes to show you you shouldn't post when you're rushed lol My first time submitting more than 3 at a time, and I should have read up on protocol first. I've never had any complaints for our reviewer that I haven't been able to work out, but that was years ago and I'm a tad forgetful at times :rolleyes: