Birthday Multicache

Little Leprechaun, an intrepid geocacher, asked for her birthday presents to be hidden as a multicache. She turned 9 over the weekend. I hid all of her outdoor presents in ammo cans in the woods near our home. Each cache had goodies plus the coordinates to the next stage!

At cache number one, Little Lep scored a new Camelbak hydration pack, ordered from Team Shuey (highly recommended for his excellent customer service to fellow geocachers). Here, with her grandpa, she shows off her gift.

57636_2200.jpg

At cache #2, she scored a new Eureka Dome Tent and a Thermarest Sleeping Pad, from www.campmor.com , one of my favorite online vendors. At cache #3, it was a bicycle lock for her mountain bike, and a hamster travel bug. Finally, at cache #4, look how pleased Little Lep was with her new PrincetonTec Aurora headlamp:

57636_2300.jpg

This made for a fun afternoon and a VERY different birthday. And I saved a fortune on wrapping paper. Consider this for your kid's next birthday!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by Faderaven:

How'd you fit all that stuff in the ammo cans? icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

As you can see from the pictures, the Camelbak fit into a 50 cal. ammo can, and the headlamp fit into a 30 cal. ammo can. So did the bike lock. The tent and sleeping pad were NOT in an ammo can.... they make super-big ones, but I don't have any of them!

Thanks everyone for the positive comments.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

icon_smile.gif

Exellent way to get the kiddo into the outdoors and keep her there! (er, keep her INTERESTED, I mean!) Those are some very cool b'day presents.

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"