Ideas for next App update (iPhone)

Irtschy

Hello community.

I have some suggestions for the next App-update.

I hope, some users are thinking the same.

Thats my suggestions:

- Vibraiton-alert: if you are in the near of maybe 20 metres, you will get a vibration-alert from your device

- Refresh your personal lists: if you have lists with saved geocaches, then it would be nice to refresh the complete list

- Update your own log: if you had logged a geocache and you forgot your log for travelbug as visited, that you have the option to update your logentry

Kind regards

Irtschy

Edited by Irtschy

And auto routing. Please, please, make the app do auto routing.

Auto routing will only be as good as the routing information available and generally routing information is limit to roads. I suppose if almost all the caches you want to find are very close to roads auto-routing might be useful, but to me, that soundsmore like geo-driving than geo-caching. If you want to find caches more than 100' or so from a road it's only going to get to the nearest point on a route to the cache, which may not be the best place to park in order to take a walk and look for the cache.

Auto routing will only be as good as the routing information available and generally routing information is limit to roads. I suppose if almost all the caches you want to find are very close to roads auto-routing might be useful, but to me, that soundsmore like geo-driving than geo-caching. If you want to find caches more than 100' or so from a road it's only going to get to the nearest point on a route to the cache, which may not be the best place to park in order to take a walk and look for the cache.

The routing function would be useful to drive to the starting point of the cache, the rest would be done by feet...:)

But if I'm in Holliday somewhere, I don't know the roads, so it would be nice to be able to switch to iOS MAPS or another navigation app.

The way it is now, you always have to leave the gc-app, open another app, enter the coords and then go...

This way would be much easyer...:)

I think the vibration alert is an excellent idea, as long as it has an enable/disable feature. I'd like to be able to edit my logs from my iPhone because I made a small error before, and I was unable to fix it until I got home. It's not really a big deal, but it shouldn't be that difficult to just make an edit to a log.

I think it would be great if you could have the public footpaths included on the mapping software, this would make finding routes a lot easier. This data is freely available in England, Wales and Scotland from OS OpenMaps scheme.

Sync lists between devices, both my wife and I use iPhones it would be excellent if I didn't have to download for offline use to both devices individually and it synced between them.

I remember at one time I saw where you could vote on suggestions and there would be information if the suggestion was being considered or would be in the next update, etc. I can't find that anywhere. Does anyone remember seeing this before somewhere?

My suggestions, even though some have been mentioned by others before me.

1 Access saved files on the computer

I like to save on the go and then log them when I get home. or sync lists between all devices, phones, computer, etc

2 Update all saved with only 1 click

I love this idea

3 1 click to sign a cache with all your travelbug, not 1 by 1

Love this one, too, it's the reason I wait and log caches after I get home

4 Mass delete I like this one, too.

The routing function would be useful to drive to the starting point of the cache, the rest would be done by feet...:)

But if I'm in Holliday somewhere, I don't know the roads, so it would be nice to be able to switch to iOS MAPS or another navigation app.

The way it is now, you always have to leave the gc-app, open another app, enter the coords and then go...

This way would be much easyer...:)

A routing function might be useful if the CO has provided parking coordinates (i.e. what you refer to as the "starting point") but otherwise it would route you to the closest point on a route to the published coordinates. That may not be the best location to use as a "starting point".