Where's the duck?

Rebel

True story:

I was seeking a cache earlier this month in Virginia. I had with me as exchange items some key rings, a deck of cards, and a rubber duck.

While on the hunt, I ran into a fellow with a direction range finder. He was swinging it back and forth and it was beeping. Apparently, he was tracking an electronic collar on a rare kind of duck.

He asked me, "Have you seen a duck around here?"

My reply, as I pulled the one from my pocket, "Will this one do?"

Major laughs and wound up making a new friend.

Gosh, I love Geocaching!

3382_900.gif

I've got to start carrying miniature deer with me during hunting season! "just saw one, over there, where I just came from..."

That's even better than one day when I was driving by a hospital and this guy came out from the hospital exit like a madman, nearly missing 3 cars. I hollered out loud something like "Who is this clown???", and when the car came into my direct view - there was a clown driving it!

Was a good laugh for all those with me!

And no, it wasn't Lapaglia!

Save our forests, wipe your *** with a tree-hugger.

I love this story.... can picture it... doesn't every geocacher walk around with a rubber ducky in their pocket?? Maybe not but most will share their toys any chance they get. Though I don't know Da Rebel and have never been to Georgia... he's let me play with his toys too. I found a toy truck of his in New Mexico and played with it till I went back home to NY. icon_smile.gif Geocachers and their toys...did any of us ever really grow up??

I love this story.... can picture it... doesn't every geocacher walk around with a rubber ducky in their pocket?? Maybe not but most will share their toys any chance they get. Though I don't know Da Rebel and have never been to Georgia... he's let me play with his toys too. I found a toy truck of his in New Mexico and played with it till I went back home to NY. icon_smile.gif Geocachers and their toys...did any of us ever really grow up??

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

I've got to start carrying miniature deer with me during hunting season! "just saw one, over there, where I just came from..."

That's even better than one day when I was driving by a hospital and this guy came out from the hospital exit like a madman, nearly missing 3 cars. I hollered out loud something like "Who is this clown???", and when the car came into my direct view - there was a clown driving it!

_Save our forests, wipe your *** with a tree-hugger._

Was that you brdad?????? I though so!

:)

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

"Muga Muchu" (forget yourself, focus).

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

_Save our forests, wipe your *** with a tree-hugger._

Was that you brdad?????? I though so!

:D

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

"Muga Muchu" (forget yourself, focus).

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif HAHAHAHA rofl icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

I show them the taxidermy eye I picked up just for the occasion and say "Right here. It's always good to keep a spare."

Its good to know Jeremy has a good sence of humor and the forethought to freak out small children and possibly mentally scar them for life.

Eeyore

It took a GPS to get me away from technology.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif HAHAHAHA rofl icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

I show them the taxidermy eye I picked up just for the occasion and say "Right here. It's always good to keep a spare."

Its good to know Jeremy has a good sence of humor and the forethought to freak out small children and possibly mentally scar them for life.

Eeyore

It took a GPS to get me away from technology.