Bend Cache Machine

travisl

Cachers, I'm a writer working for 1859 Magazine on a geocache piece. I'm hoping to tag along with a group for a few hours tomorrow a.m. I need a spot for myself and a photographer. (I've talked to Travis, but he has a full car already) Anybody willing to let us do a ride along, shoot some photos and answer a few questions on the fly? If so, email me at ejflowers74@gmail.com or call/text me at 541-977-5250. Thanks in advance.

Might want to double check your found logs along the BCM as some geocache owners have been deleting logs due to ALR's.

Yeah, I'm having a pissing contest with GeoKnievel. Since ALR's on Traditions are illegal he does not have much to argue. I see he archived three of his caches. Well, so be it. Never gave a reason even though I asked. Time for the letter to Groundspeak. Sent the letter, we will see what happens.

Edited by jholly

Might want to double check your found logs along the BCM as some geocache owners have been deleting logs due to ALR's.

Yeah, I'm having a pissing contest with GeoKnievel. Since ALR's on Traditions are illegal he does not have much to argue. I see he archived three of his caches. Well, so be it. Never gave a reason even though I asked. Time for the letter to Groundspeak. Sent the letter, we will see what happens.

What is an ALR?

Edited by dshifter

My logs were re-instated by Groundspeak.

I had 3 deleted log messages awaiting me in my email. Came here to see what's up then emailed Groundspeak to get them reinstated. Had to check out the CO profile page... HQ has temp disabled ALL his active caches and reviewers have archived a bunch that had needed TLC and have never gotten any. I just don't get it, so concerned over integrity of loggers BUT apparently doesn't have any when it comes to regular maintenance on is own.

Then that drama with the pilot butte virtual. I liked that one's last second ALR mentioned in the CO's running commentary of logs, saying to confirm in the email that you WALKED up. A quick look at his profile shows he haven't found a cache, under that name at least, since 2007. Shaking my head again

These 2 COs really are poor sports But I Will Not Allow Them to take away from the hard work of Travis and JHolly to make this CM happen and the fun we had doing it. Mom always says what comes around goes around and Karma is a (female dog. I see the geoknievel got his - caches all gone... I'm sure the other guy will get his too.

He says: "Cut and paste reply posts will be deleted" on most, if not all of his caches. I particularly like the irony of his cut and past archive note on the CM caches. :o

"due to recent lack of integrity by some cachers I am removing this cache. Hope this is not what geocaching is turning into"

Who did you email? I could dig for the answer, but it is easier to ask. I need my Pilot Butte log reinstated. CO says for me to read thru the logs to see why (I was polite in all emails & asked him where I errored on the ALR). I refuse to accept the whole, I needed to walk up there thing, as that is not what is required on the cache page, but I never mentioned that in any logs/emails. I'm determined to log this one, based on principle!

I need my Pilot Butte log reinstated. CO says for me to read thru the logs to see why (I was polite in all emails & asked him where I errored on the ALR).

Not knowing if it's the case or not, my guess is that your "Found it" log and your e-mail to the CO weren't sent near-simultaneously. The CO for this virt didn't want to sift through logs and e-mails sent days apart trying to match them up, and also didn't want to accept e-mailed answers for groups.

One e-mailed answer per log, close in time, is the way he wanted to accept finds.

It's archived now, along with his other three virts, so the point is mostly moot, except for the handful of people who have yet to log valid finds.

I need my Pilot Butte log reinstated. CO says for me to read thru the logs to see why (I was polite in all emails & asked him where I errored on the ALR).

Not knowing if it's the case or not, my guess is that your "Found it" log and your e-mail to the CO weren't sent near-simultaneously. The CO for this virt didn't want to sift through logs and e-mails sent days apart trying to match them up, and also didn't want to accept e-mailed answers for groups.

One e-mailed answer per log, close in time, is the way he wanted to accept finds.

It's archived now, along with his other three virts, so the point is mostly moot, except for the handful of people who have yet to log valid finds.

Thanks Travis. I emailed the required info about 2 minutes prior to logging the find. 2 minutes - maybe 3. This was a couple of days ago. My cache log date was the Saturday of the cache machine - logged on the 8th of October when I finally had a chance to get all of these logged. Still would like GC to step in, just on principle.

Wow, reading some of the stories from the logs on the caches in question. I did that virtual the year prior, is/was there an expectation to not drive up there? The gate opens at 8 o clock and no where did it say not to drive up there. I drove slowly, but I did drive. That was in May 2012 before the first post making that request 4 months later. Very strange. I definitely remember some oddities while caching in Bend.

Edited by lamoracke

Who did you email? I could dig for the answer, but it is easier to ask. I need my Pilot Butte log reinstated. CO says for me to read thru the logs to see why (I was polite in all emails & asked him where I errored on the ALR). I refuse to accept the whole, I needed to walk up there thing, as that is not what is required on the cache page, but I never mentioned that in any logs/emails. I'm determined to log this one, based on principle!

Top level page, on the bottom there is a link for contact us. Read through the text after you click the link and you will find a link to email. nice form, I used other and other on the reason for the contact. It took three days to respond. If you have the original CL-whatever log id you can ask for that to be restored and your find order will be correct.

Edited by jholly

Thanks Travis. I emailed the required info about 2 minutes prior to logging the find. 2 minutes - maybe 3. This was a couple of days ago. My cache log date was the Saturday of the cache machine - logged on the 8th of October when I finally had a chance to get all of these logged. Still would like GC to step in, just on principle.

Looking at his archive notes on the other caches it seems another big problem was getting more than one or two logs a week. This guy essentially stopped caching in 2007 so I can see he wants a very minimal effort to check the logs.