Garmin Oregon 600 - a few questions before buying

Hello,

I went through the other Oregon 600 topic, but it got a bit out of hands, so I started a new with a few specific questions, since I plan to buy it:

- Screen: I saw torture videos and pictures of broken glass - so is the touchscreen of that device of comparable rigidity as previous units without?

- GPS accurency: I saw people complaining about very bad accurency and others praising it for the opposite - so is the accurency reasonable good for geocaching in different terrains, e.g. forrests?

- Map: In Germany Garmin offers a 1:25,000 topo map for a reasonable price when buying it with the device - does it make sense to buy it or is a OSM map an adequate replacement?

- Geocaching: I had an eTrex for some while and it did a good job for geocaching, but was a bit cumbersome in operation, e.g. with input data or doing multis with having to update coordinates - is the Oregon 600 good for all common geocaching jobs? Especially for someone who also had a similar device before, I would be happy for some experience reviews.

Thanks,

Geziefer

- GPS accurency: I saw people complaining about very bad accurency and others praising it for the opposite - so is the accurency reasonable good for geocaching in different terrains, e.g. forrests?

I thought I had issues with accuracy on my 650 since it felt like the GPS was always about 30 feet (~9 meters) off of GZ the other day caching. The next day I brought along my Delorme PN-40 to compare on the same set of trails and both were displaying within a few feet of each other. Accuracy felt much better since I found 10 out of 10 attempts using the 650 with my daughter-in-law using the Delorme. These trails were in some woods with medium tree cover.