"Gee, I don't like the cache and so should it be archived."

After reading one to many posts on how a cache sucks and should be archived, I thought I'd do a pole on it. It seems to me that we all deserve to be able to hide caches. Some will be good. Some will be bad. But you know what? It's all in the spirit of the game. What's your take on posting variations of "Is this cache truly worthy?"

I always assumed the purpose of the "this should be archived" option was to report caches that were either missing (and abandoned by their owner) or in violation of the rules despite their description. (eg illegally on private property) And wouldn't consider using it for any otehr reason.

You are right, and that is a way to get the administrations attention on a cache. My rant though was really about people who take a cache and put it in the forums for people to discuss. A cache that doesn't follow the rules can still be a good cache. I've got one that doesn't fit the bill for a locationless. But, it does involve about every aspect of geocaching that people like and expands the hobby at the same time. I'm also planning on working on another that violates a few rules intensionally. Lastly I've got a cache in the works that is in a Park Service Administred area. I have tentative permission for this area due to a few factors that are not normal for a Park Service Area. But it will violate the rule "no caches in Park Service areas" and yet be legit. Thanks for reminding me I need to do a description and submit it for approval.