New Coin: Night Time Ninja

Log Dawgs

98a83f7e-981b-4dc2-9a0a-0b8384cad86b.jpg?rnd=0.8181203

83cd6c26-74b1-41a6-85d7-1c21c319682c.jpg?rnd=0.3228985

f926eb3b-53dc-48da-ac8f-6264db4f4952.jpg?rnd=0.2345652

I am doing a pre-order for my first coins. I will have them started in the next week. They are designed by CW88 who also did the Egyptian Scarab coins and so many more.

A01-A03 are being minted at 50 coins each and A04-A06 at 25 each. The are 2 inch coins with the knives that stick out like a compass rose on the back. They glow in the dark.

I am selling them for $12 each coin or $72 for a full set. If you are interested please shoot me an email through my profile and I can send you payment information.

Edited by Log Dawgs

Nice design ... sort of. I'm sure a lot of thought went into it and the design expertise, but the front is too easily identified with the following (for my taste):

The Rising Sun Flag (旭日旗 Kyokujitsu-ki?) is the military flag of Japan. This flag was used as a flag that symbolizes good luck from the Edo period. January 27, 1870, as a policy of the Meiji Restoration, this flag was adopted in national flag. The naval ensign and a modified version of the war flag continue to be used by the Japan Self-Defense Forces, and the design is also incorporated into many commercial products and advertisements. However, as the flag was used by the Japanese in the conquest and occupation of East Asia and during the war in the Pacific, it is considered offensive in South Korea and China, where it is considered to be associated with Japanese militarism and imperialism.

7f50a88a-133c-46cd-838c-2413e1cdea40.jpg

War flag of the Imperial Japanese Army

-----

Tongue-in-cheek thought ... a predominantly Japanese oriented design being produced in China ... :laughing:

But not much different, I guess, than American type topics and identities being Products of China ... :blink:

I'll bet there will be quite a few glow and Martial Arts fans who will love it though !!

PM sended. :)

I would also like to comment on nevadanick post.

I can understand what you say about the japanese flag thing, but how about this:

A lot of Geocoins are made with the USA flag on it.

How about all those countries the USA attacked?

Wouldn't all those people feel offensive?

So in that case, you can't make anymore coins anymore with the USA flag on it? :blink:

PM sended. :)

I would also like to comment on nevadanick post.

I can understand what you say about the japanese flag thing, but how about this:

A lot of Geocoins are made with the USA flag on it.

How about all those countries the USA attacked?

Wouldn't all those people feel offensive?

So in that case, you can't make anymore coins anymore with the USA flag on it? :blink:

We can take this to e-mail if you wish to pursue it further. Not a place for flame discussions here ... it's about THIS coin, not other flags.

Since you joined in April this year, you may not be aware that Groundspeak has not permitted use of questionable historic symbols from past eras in trackables bearing a GC code. One example is the WWII Swastika. It is NOT permitted on GS approved material. Similarly, the War Flag of the Imperial Army was abandoned at the end of WWII in the Pacific, as was the Swastika after WWII ended in Europe.

Nice design ... sort of. I'm sure a lot of thought went into it and the design expertise, but the front is too easily identified with the following (for my taste):

The Rising Sun Flag (旭日旗 Kyokujitsu-ki?) is the military flag of Japan. snip

While your eye detects this, I can't see it at all, as the sunburst of the coin design has far more than the traditional 16 rays (I count 21) and is a round field rather than a rectangular one. Actually has more in common with the Chrysanthemum (which has 16 petals in imperial designs.)

See what you will, but don't make too many assumptions. It's a pretty decent design.

fbb59d07-3a73-48d5-8a84-c90e1e88842f.jpg?rnd=0.7894557

863a595d-2302-469a-81e5-976c2d9f65db.jpg?rnd=0.7447596

The coins arrived! They look great. The pre-orders will be mailed out. I may have a few sets left after this weekend. There are only 9 full sets left at this point. There are also 20 sets of the top three coins left.

They are all glow on front and back and 2 inches in diameter. The top three were minted at 75 coins, 50 Coins, and 50 Coins. The bottom three are all 25 coins each.

Received my set this week. What a great design by log dawgs and CW88. CW88 is one of my favorites. But you have to pay up charge for euro dollar conversion and international shipping. So nice to buy one of his designs here in the US. However, I'm a little disappointed in the coin's functionality. I threw one at my son with the perfect amount of spin from only 3 feet away. The silly thing bounced right off his chest. :ph34r: