Garmin Communicator not working in Firefox

SAVVY18

As has been since the last update, I am unable to get the Garmin Communicator to work in Firefox. I actually downgraded to FireFox 22 and am still having the problem. It continues to say "Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected." I re-download the communicator, install it and it still says it isn't detected.

I am able to use the Garmin Communicator in Chrome and IE, but I primarily use FireFox.

I also have problems with Garmin Communicator. I use a Garmin eTrex Legend H. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite, running Win7 Home Prem SP1, with Firefox 22.0. When I try to "Send to GPS" on my laptop, the Garmin Plugin is NOT detected. I've tried deleting the plugin and reinstalling it, and even downloaded it to Windows & installed from there. Restarted Firefox, restarted Win. No luck. I have an older Asus netbook running WinXP with Firefox 22.0. I tried it and it downloads to my Legend flawlessly. Go figure.

I've been having a problem with Garmin Communicator on Firefox for several weeks. I don't know how many times I have reinstalled Garmin Communicator but Firefox still wants me to reinstall it. I've just been getting a GPX file, putting it into GSAK, filtering so it is just that cache then uploading that way. Lots of steps for a single cache.

Today I finally checked out the forums and found this thread. Not much help but it got me thinking. I went to "Add-ons" in Firefox and saw that Garmin Communicator was set to "Never Activate". I never did that. Firefox must have done it during an 'upgrade'.

I set Garmin Communicator to "Always Activate" and it works perfectly now.

Edited by Peter and Gloria