Weirdest item found in a cache?

Guest jeremy

MD,

Um... well... after a while, you learn to ignore James' posts. Basically we've learned that he says a bunch of things just to cause a ruckus of some sort.

Actually, I noticed that two of his posts have been removed from this thread, either by him or the forum moderator.

That's not surprising.

Jamie

Well, not that weird, but the dog-saliva-encrusted tennis ball must have been one of those "Oops forgot to load up on cache goodies, here Fido, gimmie that ball, someone will love it!".

It was pretty fresh too.

I left a mouse in one(the Microsoft kind, not the furry kind).

Thanks both of you for your responses. I'd just like to say to James.. if you WERE serious, then God bless you and the family of the poor soul involved. If you _weren't_ serious, though, have a care perhaps for how a post like that might be a little off-putting to brand new cachers.

[This message was edited by MDtrekkers on June 04, 2002 at 09:00 PM.]

When they asked me if I had found Jesus, I replied that I didn't know He was lost.

I also implied that I had not been properly informed that it was my personal responsibiliy to determine the location of He Who Is.

When I asked for GPS coordinates so that I could seek Him, they up and left???

After they left, He came back out of the other room and we continued our wonderous discussion...

maj-gps.gif

Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!

--majicman

[This message was edited by majicman on June 14, 2002 at 09:38 AM.]

[This message was edited by majicman on June 14, 2002 at 10:18 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by unclerojelio:

Down here in the bible belt you can occasionally find Jesus in a cache. Or a variety of other religious tracts. icon_biggrin.gif

I have one of these http://www.explosiontoys.com/store/com057.html on the dashboard of my work vehicle. I might have to donate him to a cache one of these days. I've found a few tracts and some bibles in the caches around here as well. I found one utterly fungified (is that a word) picture of the vigin mary in one cache that had become wet.

beatnik

quote:

Down here in the bible belt you can occasionally find Jesus in a cache. Or a variety of other religious tracts. icon_biggrin.gif

I have one of these http://www.explosiontoys.com/store/com057.html on the dashboard of my work vehicle. I might have to donate him to a cache one of these days. I've found a few tracts and some bibles in the caches around here as well. I found one utterly fungified (is that a word) picture of the vigin mary in one cache that had become wet.

beatnik

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

http://www.destgulch.com/movies/luke/luke13.wav

Jamie

That song was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

But being a product of the 70's, and of New York City AM radio during said 70's, the PROPER version is Don Imus's intro to his Rev. Billy Sol Hargis bit. (couldnt find a sound bite of it anywhere online though)

Illegitimus non carborundum!

The first cach I ever went looking for was right near my home in citrus heights CA. I took my wife and father in law along. We got to the cache area fairly quickly but had to wait awhile to search for it as a youn couple was getting "jiggy wit it" in the bushes. As soon as they got dressed and left, my wife promptly told me that I would not be doing this anymore! Of course I still do. My father in law has become down right fanatic about it. I cant really blame him, he is older and the girl was very attractive.

LOL

By the way, HA HA HA to the guy or gal who hid a cache within a hundred feet of the bigest nude beach in the auburn ravine. Glad my wife did not accompany me on that one.

quote:

Down here in the bible belt you can occasionally find Jesus in a cache. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by geovamp:

Do any of you think this was weird of me I did 7 caches one sat.and in 5 of the 7 I left 1 pc.of a manger scene ...

My son and I found the baby Jesus manger scene piece that Geovamp left in a cache...

25021_1200.gif

quote:

Down here in the bible belt you can occasionally find Jesus in a cache. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by geovamp:

Do any of you think this was weird of me I did 7 caches one sat.and in 5 of the 7 I left 1 pc.of a manger scene ...

My son and I found the baby Jesus manger scene piece that Geovamp left in a cache...

25021_1200.gif

I have been caching for a while now, but am new to the site. One my first caches found here in Viginia contained a brand new unopened "Personal Vibrating Masssager". The label had a picture of a woman holding to her neck, but I think we all know what it was for. I laughed, then thought about ther potential of a youngster finding it, so I removed it and put in my backpack and forgot about it. A week or so later my wife found it and I some SERIOUS explaing to do. icon_smile.gif

I have been caching for a while now, but am new to the site. One my first caches found here in Viginia contained a brand new unopened "Personal Vibrating Masssager". The label had a picture of a woman holding to her neck, but I think we all know what it was for. I laughed, then thought about ther potential of a youngster finding it, so I removed it and put in my backpack and forgot about it. A week or so later my wife found it and I some SERIOUS explaing to do. icon_smile.gif