Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Tante.Hossi

architecture prized buildings

4 posts in this topic

Do you know a building which has received an architecture prize?

Wouldn't it be great to have a category to waymark it?

I know we have several categories with an architectural background. And those categories are great and interesting.

There are two categories for a very limited list of famous architects and another category for buildings which have been created by an architect who has received an international architecture prize.

And some other categories more like Great Buildings of the World.

But I'm thinking of the buildings that have received the architecture prize itself - even an international, a national or an regional prize.

These buildings are some kind of special. Otherways they wouldn't have received that prize. So they are worth enough to be waymarked!

And most of them have a plaque which narrates of the prize.

So what do you think?

Is anyone interested?

Interesting proposal. There is room for such a category given that architectural prizes are awarded in relation to properties which, for the most part, deserve to be so recognized. It will certainly generate a lot of waymarks. The challenge here, however, will be to define, as exactly as possible, the parameters of what you consider to be a property worthy of inclusion in your category. Architectural prizes are granted by a variety of public and private organizations and levels of government. There are national, regional and municipal awards. Some are for the design of the property while others are for architectural conservation and restoration. Please be as inclusive as possible but indicate which waymarks will not be accepted. I gather that only one waymark per building will be allowed irrespective of the number of awards a property may have been awarded and that the title of the waymark will be the building in question not the name of the prize having been awarded. Best wishes.

There is the category Architecture Prizes.

Your proposal is a little bit different: you are looking for awarded buildings, the category is looking for any building of an awarded architect. Most of the important architecture awards are lifetime achievement awards, so the approach of the existing category makes sense.

However, I think the overlap is too large to justify another category.

There is the category Architecture Prizes.

Your proposal is a little bit different: you are looking for awarded buildings, the category is looking for any building of an awarded architect. Most of the important architecture awards are lifetime achievement awards, so the approach of the existing category makes sense.

However, I think the overlap is too large to justify another category.

I know that category! But the focus of my proposal is different: I don't want every building of an architect be waymarked but the building which received a prize itself. And not only these high end prizes but also some natial or local architecture prizes.