Geocaching bug story

Guest WJJagfan

Guest WJJagfan

I took my wife geocaching a couple of weeks ago, and we had a great time. One of the caches we found was in a beautiful little park that I had driven past before, but hadn't realy experienced before looking for a cache in it. My wife was so taken with the park that she took her sister back a few days latter for a picnic.

While there she noticed a lady and boy walking around together with a paper in hand. They seemed to be looking for something, and walked back and forth several times. They apparently gave up their search, and started back towards their vehicle when my wife decided to approach them. She asked the lady if they were "GeoCaching" and with a surprised look on her face, the lady responded that they were, but hadn't been able to locate the cache. They hadn't gotten their GPS yet (it was on mailorder) and were trying to go just off the clues. My wife told them that they were very close, and asked if they would like a hint. They were encouraged that they were close, and chose to continue searching without a hint. My wife said she would be in the area if they decided they wanted help.

A while later, the lady and boy passed by my wife as they walked back to their vehicle. Both smiled and gave her the thumbs up. The lady told my wife she could hardly wait to get their GPS unit so they could take full advantage of the GeoCaching web site. Another convert.