New to the GPS

Hello everyone. I have been caching now for a few months and I went from using my Android to purchasing the Magellan 110. I downloaded caches just fine onto my Magellan but, the caches I just logged on my GPS, does not transfer to Geocaching.com website. The Magellan 110 owners manual is no help. Can somone help me?

Thanks in advance

mehappycamper

AKA Tammy

Cache logging on any GPS doesn't automatically update your geocaching.com account. This feature is available over at OpenCaching.com, but I think it's only compatible with Garmin devices as OC.com is run by Garmin.

The solution: Field Notes.

From Geocaching.com's home page, go to "Your Profile" in the menu and select Field Notes. Then go to the link at the bottom where you can upload your field notes. Select Magellan on the instruction tabs to find where your field notes file is, then press the "Choose File" button and navigate to the file on your device. Upload it.

From there, you can view your in-GPS cache logs and log your finds on Geocaching.com. It'll automatically set the correct date of your find, and if you left any notes on your gps, it'll paste those in the text box as well.