Any wierd/funny/interseting/unusual photos out there from cache hunts?

MTBguy

This was the most amazing sight of the day.

ChinaJack and I were on the way to Just Ducky (in Arkansas) when I saw this tree off to the side of the road. I said, "Get the camera ready. We're turning around."

We were both astounded by the sight...

If you can't zoom in enough to make yourself believe what you see, it's a tree full of junk. Satellite dish, scooter, electric 4x4, Little Tykes table, slide & more stuff I didn't even recognize.

878087_200.jpg

- If the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits. -

580548_300.jpg

This is the location of an old cache of mine. Orginally, it did NOT have a large chicken coop laying over the otherwise prestine area. I think someone thought the geocachers in the area were panthers...either that, or really hungry.

(that's a whole raw chicken sitting in that trap)

That pic of junk in and around the tree is what I think of when someone says "Arkansas".

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

This was the most amazing sight of the day.

ChinaJack and I were on the way to Just Ducky (in Arkansas) when I saw this tree off to the side of the road. I said, "Get the camera ready. We're turning around."

We were both astounded by the sight...

If you can't zoom in enough to make yourself believe what you see, it's a tree full of junk. Satellite dish, scooter, electric 4x4, Little Tykes table, slide & more stuff I didn't even recognize.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/log/878087_200.jpg

- If the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits. -

I'm kind of new at this so I'm not sure how to put an image in my post so if it doesn't come out just find a map of Romulus, NY and zoom in near the South Seneca Army Depot's southeast corner. http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Ds=n&uz=14541&BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&addr=&city=Romulus&state=NY&csz=Romulus%2C+NY&slt=42.752361&sln=-76.834007&mlt=42.721550&mln=-76.832682&zip=&country=us&mag=9&cs=7&BFClient=&BFKey=&poi=&poititle=&map.x=326&map.y=369

You can see a peace symble. It is made from a radio tower, the road that circles the tower and goes to its base, and it appears to also be made from the support cables.

This sign caught my attention while I was hunting for the Pink Elephant cache. A few things ran through my mind when I saw the sign: 1. GEEZ! What do you have to do to become a member? 2. There are SOME things even I won't do to find/hide a cache, even if I did get permission after calling the number. 3. What goes on around here that makes them put up a sign about OPENING GRAVES?

1183924_200.jpg