Logging late for 31 day challenge

Have a quick question for you lovely people: During the August challenge we are away in Europe and as our mobile operator charges extortionate amounts for data we won't be logging till our return late August will we still get the souvenirs logging this late?

I *think* that if you set the Log date to the day you actually found that cache it will use that date and not the date you actually posted the online log.

BTW, free wifi and internet cafes are available in many places in Europe so you *could* still log finds while you're there without using a cellular data connection. Whenever I travel abroad I always try to periodically find a wifi spot so that I can download email and do other internet related activities on my phone (or laptop).

Thanks for the quick replies peps! FunnyNose great idea Ill do a little research! I will still have the problem if I cant unblock my phone I believe as we are Morris dancing in the sticks of the Czech Republic! Here's hoping I can't log late and still get my little box souvenir!

our mobile operator charges extortionate amounts for data

Check this list List of mobile network operators of Europe Do your homework and find a provider that will work with your phone and buy one of their SIM cards. Assuming your phone is unlocked. You can get data for $20-$30 for 500 megs.

You can buy an unlocked phone here in the UK for about £50, and load it with £10 top up from any of the main providers . . . that would do ya - if your here in the UK anyway

our mobile operator charges extortionate amounts for data

Check this list List of mobile network operators of Europe Do your homework and find a provider that will work with your phone and buy one of their SIM cards. Assuming your phone is unlocked. You can get data for $20-$30 for 500 megs.

You can buy an unlocked phone here in the UK for about £50, and load it with £10 top up from any of the main providers . . . that would do ya - if your here in the UK anyway

That's a lot of money if someone just want to use it a few times to connect to the internet and post a found it log. I've traveled to lots of different places, typically 3-8 days at a time and just haven't found the cost of buying/renting a local phone and sometimes even a SIM card is worth it for a short trip. I've also looked at international data plans from my service provider and either they don't cover the country I'm in or the savings isn't significant enough. 50 pounds would buy a lot of network time at an internet cafe. Many hotels have free wifi and it wouldn't matter if a phone is "unlocked" or not to use a wifi connection. Usually I'm willing to bear the expense of a few short phone calls or will use text messaging or skype to communicate home.