GPS for a child

My son and I are enjoying finding caches, we only go to find one at a time so manage with my phone. I would really like him to have something that he can use. Budget is very limited not least due to the fact it may get dropped/broken! Has anyone any suggestions of anything suitable it doesn't even need to be terribly accurate just something he hold and follow to get to the general area.

Thanks

If you can get hold of an old Etrex Legend that might be the answer for you. Depending where you are based, see if you can get in touch with cachers local to you, either through a local forum or Facebook group. One of them may have an old one hanging around that they will sell you for a reasonable price. A lot of people started with the yellow bricks before trading up and they may still have their old one lying around. They are also a nice bright colour for a youngster to be carrying around.

My son and I are enjoying finding caches, we only go to find one at a time so manage with my phone. I would really like him to have something that he can use. Budget is very limited not least due to the fact it may get dropped/broken! Has anyone any suggestions of anything suitable it doesn't even need to be terribly accurate just something he hold and follow to get to the general area.

Thanks

I think the Magellan Explorist GC looks quite child-friendly and the manufacturer claims it should be fairly durable...

Don't know what to recommend; others are wiser in that dept., but in terms or being dropped, why not buy a lanyard (if it doesn't come with one)? Then it hangs round his neck and although it might get the odd bash against a surface if he's climbing, might not suffer as badly as if it were dropped.

Don't know what to recommend; others are wiser in that dept., but in terms or being dropped, why not buy a lanyard (if it doesn't come with one)? Then it hangs round his neck and although it might get the odd bash against a surface if he's climbing, might not suffer as badly as if it were dropped.

+1