Panties in the woods

Zartimus

quote:
Originally posted by RJFerret:

Then the other question is, assuming the panties represent a certain activity took place, are men more conscientious dressers?

Randy

Assuming this ia a adult only thread:

The answer is no, just dangerous to zip up in a hurry without those civies on!

I have flouted the wild, I have followed its lure, fearless. familar, alone; yet the wild must win,

and a day will come when I shall be overthrown. By: Robert Service

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

The first sighting was a pair hanging in a shrub near http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=58073 cache in Tennessee. The trails there are popular for joggers. Why would a female jogger decide to 'go commando' 2 miles deep in the woods, though? Hmmm...

My take on this (although I would not know from experience) is that they had to peepee and didn't have any tissue, so they used the panties to "wipe," and, subsequently, just went without! icon_eek.gif

Just another advantage to being a man!

quote:
Originally posted by Maliberry:

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

The first sighting was a pair hanging in a shrub near http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=58073 cache in Tennessee. The trails there are popular for joggers. Why would a female jogger decide to 'go commando' 2 miles deep in the woods, though? Hmmm...

My take on this (although I would not know from experience) is that they had to peepee and didn't have any tissue, so they used the panties to "wipe," and, subsequently, just went without! icon_eek.gif

I had friend who during Cross Country practice while out on the CC trail no where near a toilet had the sudden urge to go Number 2 so he went off the trail in the woods did his business and used his boxers as tissue and threw them in the woods and just went commando.

Happy Hunting icon_smile.gif

-Amazingracer

"Life is tough, life is tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Men don't neccessarily have to remove their undergarments to get it on. It's alot easier if the women do.

And it looks like I am going to the wrong caches because I have yet to come across any!

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Now this reminds me of a story I believe was in Reader's Digest (before the Web existed--'twould sound like netlore nowadays)...

A woman at a downhill ski area got on the lift and realized she had to go--but unfortunatly there were no facilities at the top, only the bottom. She skied down a bit but the urge was great enough for her to go off trail and into the woods for privacy.

Given the excessive clothing worn, getting it down around the ankles and out of the way isn't easy, but she took care of business--and then started to SLIDE! She slid out of the woods onto a crossing trail with her clothing still around her ankles!

Nevermind going to the wrong caches, I've been going to the wrong ski areas!

Randy

PS: Of course, not too long ago there were those two college-age girls in Maine who went jogging in the buff, were arrested, but successfully defended themselves in court by asking the officer if he could see their genitals (which is the way Maine law reads). He obviously said no and they were free--sounds like gender discrimination to me! (Not that I'd want to go jogging naked in Maine of all places...between the cold and black fly season...)

...while I was eating lunch..

Apparently Victoria's Secret is losing lots of money due to panties being stolen from their displays!

300 panties are worth $3000 and they get turned around on eBay...

Perhaps that explains the increase of panties in the woods, then again, perhaps cheap panties from eBay make good trade items!

Who woulda' thunk it?

Randy

I'm reading this thread with great fascination. Is it possible to incorporate these discarded undergarments in a multicache?

At location three you will find a maroon bra with one strap attached to a tree limb. Attach the other strap to the nearby trunk to form a slingshot. Take one of the nearby river stones (choose a medium sized one) and launch it at a heading of 45 degrees (magnetic). The final cache location will be between the slingshot and the longest possible shot from this contraption.

Finally, I have an opportunity to post to this venerable forum thread!

At the four-star Race Ya to the Top! geocache in Central Pennsylvania's Bald Eagle State Forest, I spotted a pair of panties near the parking area. Not that unusual, but it was a 2-mile trek up the mountain in four-wheel drive to get there. Ahhh, the lengths that some men will go to ensure the shedding of female undergarments....

1389478_200.jpg

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

No new sightings. I just felt that it was necessary to BUMP this one back to the top at the unofficial start of summer. icon_biggrin.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

Originally posted by BrianSnat:

At Stratton Mountain in VT, there is a tree that is full of women's panties and bras (and one pair of mens jockeys). It is right next to a chairlift, so I assume the skiers toss them there from the lift.

I'm told that the panties and bras are stolen from a from the previous night's "conquest" of a skier, patroller, or instructor and placed in the tree as a trophy of sorts.

I noticed the same thing on a lift at Ragged Mountain in Danbury, New Hampsire. We had a very cold winter and I was wondering how cold/drunk the disrobed skiers were. Your post answers my question.

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Henny Youngman (1906 - 1998)icon_cool.gif

Back in 1973, my ex-wife and I were backpacking in the Gila Wilderness near the Mogollon Rim. We were several days up the trail out of Silver City when, lo and behold, we encountered 2 other backpackers coming down the trail - two men and a woman - and they were all nude except for their packs and boots. In fact, the girl had a couple of bird feathers braided into her... ahem, never mind.

Since the hand-held GPS receiver did not exist yet, could these have been time-traveling geocachers out on a panty-caching trip?

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. - Noel Coward (...particularly off of a short pier - The Annoyed Man's corollary)

The men collect the souveneer, then think, "HEY! I can't take these home! She'll find them!" then they of course get "posted" sort of like rattles on a fence post....Danger snakes loose in the woods!!

Jeff Scism, IBSSG http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com/

Is it more important to know what you are talking about,

or more important to talk about what you know?

the seeking is in the knowing

and not where you've been

Travelling is the going

isn't learning Keen?

While coming back down the trail from a cache near a waterfall, I passed a couple of girls wearing shorts and bikini tops. On the way back to my truck I found a bikini bottom that matched the top one of the girls was wearing. I guess I should have been a gentleman... waited a few minutes... and then gone back to give them to the owner. icon_smile.gif Instead, I just carried them back to the parking area and left them on their car's antenna.

quote:
Originally posted by tkalen:

quote:
Originally posted by TinSparrow:

I'm reading this thread with great fascination. Is it possible to incorporate these discarded undergarments in a multicache?

how about writing coords on them and using them as intermediate waypoins?

I can see it now. The hint for stage 5 is "Melissa".

icon_confused.gifThis is bizzarre!! I just was the first to find a brand new cache, hidden two days ago and it had 2 white panties very near it. The cache was in front of a small (4-person?) Gazebo and one pair of panties was sitting on the inside top sil-plate! The other was in the woods, maybe ten feet away--This at the edge of a cemetary, at the Methodist old folks home-- I don't get it....

woo-woo-wuf!!

I remembered this old thread and it reminded me of something that happened up in the mountains near my home in Southwestern PA. I looked it up in the newspaper archives which in turn inspired me to make a cache out of it.

Here's a preview:

On December 4, 1993, a deer hunter accidentally found the site of this “cache”. It was a very strange thing to find out here in the middle of the woods. It looked like some kind of a mysterious altar or shrine. The centerpiece was a large triangular rock with “Tony + Joyce” and “My Lady – My Love” carved into it. The lone item set up on it was a pack of cigarettes tucked neatly under a glass bottle. The altar was flanked on either side by handmade stone walls which had traces of a residue that appeared to be wax from candles that had burned there. An empty picture frame was nailed to a nearby tree and a faded Polaroid photograph was found at its base. The “cache” was found beside the altar under a large flat rock. It was a coffee can that contained a small picture of a woman in a bathing suit, a six-inch statue of a boy and girl hugging, and a half-dozen pieces of female undergarments – panties in the woods!

The authorities were notified and the state police in Greensburg were called in to investigate. They brought in a team of ten searchers and bloodhounds but nothing more was found other than a few empty beer cans which were believed to be unrelated to the case. They found no evidence of foul play but the mystery of this strange site and the rouge cache that had been placed without a permit from the Bureau of Forestry warranted further investigation. They were concerned for the safety of the woman in the pictures because they believed that she might possibly be a crime victim. Who was she? Was this Joyce? What had happened to her? Was she in any danger? Did she or Tony have a permit to hide this cache of panties in the woods? The investigation dragged on for almost two weeks before the mystery was solved.

If you want to know the end of this story, you’ll have to find the cache…

I swear that I didn’t make this stuff up! This really did happen and my account of it is factual.

Here's the really weird part: When I went to hide this cache, I was aiming for a spot true to the newspaper accounts and I stumbled across THE rock with “Tony + Joyce” etched into it. Try to imagine my surprise! This graffito has been here for close to 15 years! I got a little creeped out finding this.

If you want to try this cache, it will be released in conjuction with an event cache (GCP1WK) being held nearby at Laurel Summit State Park on July 10.

I remembered this old thread and it reminded me of something that happened up in the mountains near my home in Southwestern PA. I looked it up in the newspaper archives which in turn inspired me to make a cache out of it.

Here's a preview:

On December 4, 1993, a deer hunter accidentally found the site of this “cache”. It was a very strange thing to find out here in the middle of the woods. It looked like some kind of a mysterious altar or shrine. The centerpiece was a large triangular rock with “Tony + Joyce” and “My Lady – My Love” carved into it. The lone item set up on it was a pack of cigarettes tucked neatly under a glass bottle. The altar was flanked on either side by handmade stone walls which had traces of a residue that appeared to be wax from candles that had burned there. An empty picture frame was nailed to a nearby tree and a faded Polaroid photograph was found at its base. The “cache” was found beside the altar under a large flat rock. It was a coffee can that contained a small picture of a woman in a bathing suit, a six-inch statue of a boy and girl hugging, and a half-dozen pieces of female undergarments – panties in the woods!

The authorities were notified and the state police in Greensburg were called in to investigate. They brought in a team of ten searchers and bloodhounds but nothing more was found other than a few empty beer cans which were believed to be unrelated to the case. They found no evidence of foul play but the mystery of this strange site and the rouge cache that had been placed without a permit from the Bureau of Forestry warranted further investigation. They were concerned for the safety of the woman in the pictures because they believed that she might possibly be a crime victim. Who was she? Was this Joyce? What had happened to her? Was she in any danger? Did she or Tony have a permit to hide this cache of panties in the woods? The investigation dragged on for almost two weeks before the mystery was solved.

If you want to know the end of this story, you’ll have to find the cache…

I swear that I didn’t make this stuff up! This really did happen and my account of it is factual.

Here's the really weird part: When I went to hide this cache, I was aiming for a spot true to the newspaper accounts and I stumbled across THE rock with “Tony + Joyce” etched into it. Try to imagine my surprise! This graffito has been here for close to 15 years! I got a little creeped out finding this.

If you want to try this cache, it will be released in conjuction with an event cache (GCP1WK) being held nearby at Laurel Summit State Park on July 10.

Thank God, QuestMaster turned this into a cache! GCPARY, is now "Panties in the Woods" and look at the chaos it has inspired.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...7c-da2cf791fbaf