Problem viewing geocache map on PC

Redgremlin

I am not seeing others reporting this, so this could be a local issue - but if so, I am not sure how it can be fixed.

The issue:

The geocaching map does not load; the right hand pane is solid white. Clicking on any icons on the left hand pain, including the vertical grey bar to collapse the information pane, does not cause anything to happen. Opening up a developer window to watch the javascript, I find that there are lots of javascript errors.

What I have done:

- Checked that I have the same issue on multiple connections (work, home, 3G). Same issue. Assumption - it's not a firewall issue.

- Checked across multiple browsers (chrome, safari, firefox, IE). Same issue. Assumption - it's not specific to one browser.

- Clear caches on browsers and retry. Same issue. Assumption - it's not related to old downloaded files

- Checked across platforms (ipad, PC). iPad still works. PC still fails. Assumption - it's related to html/js downloaded to PC.

- Checked if it a profile issue. Same issue whether logged in/out.

This problem has existed for the last 24 hrs.

Any help? Site bug? user issue? Anybody else seeing this?

I am not seeing others reporting this, so this could be a local issue - but if so, I am not sure how it can be fixed.

The issue:

The geocaching map does not load; the right hand pane is solid white. Clicking on any icons on the left hand pain, including the vertical grey bar to collapse the information pane, does not cause anything to happen. Opening up a developer window to watch the javascript, I find that there are lots of javascript errors.

What I have done:

- Checked that I have the same issue on multiple connections (work, home, 3G). Same issue. Assumption - it's not a firewall issue.

- Checked across multiple browsers (chrome, safari, firefox, IE). Same issue. Assumption - it's not specific to one browser.

- Clear caches on browsers and retry. Same issue. Assumption - it's not related to old downloaded files

- Checked across platforms (ipad, PC). iPad still works. PC still fails. Assumption - it's related to html/js downloaded to PC.

- Checked if it a profile issue. Same issue whether logged in/out.

This problem has existed for the last 24 hrs.

Any help? Site bug? user issue? Anybody else seeing this?

My map seems to be working fine.

You've covered all of the basics except one. Are you running an Anti Virus / Malware program and has it auto updated in the last 24 hours? Maybe it decided that it doesn't like javascript files from geocaching.com?

Also, on a cache listing, can you decrypt hints and do you see any logs at the bottom. Both of these also rely on javascript and it seems that something on your computer may be keeping the scripts from either downloading or running.

My map seems to be working fine.

You've covered all of the basics except one. Are you running an Anti Virus / Malware program and has it auto updated in the last 24 hours? Maybe it decided that it doesn't like javascript files from geocaching.com?

Also, on a cache listing, can you decrypt hints and do you see any logs at the bottom. Both of these also rely on javascript and it seems that something on your computer may be keeping the scripts from either downloading or running.

Thanks for the response and the ideas.

For the Virus / Anti-Malware - yes I have one... controlled by corporate, so no possibility to modify. Last update < 24Hrs. But it is not reporting blocking anything - anyway - that's one avenue to investigate.

For the general pages, yes everything works just fine. So if the issue is JS being blocked, it's mostly likely a single file specifically on the map page.

Thanks