Check out This Link

Guest bradrobb

Guest makaio

So the GPS device actually transmits it's location when the cap is twisted off. It doesn't say if it simply transmits once, or if it's continous. It'd be fun to pop the top while on a train or driving along a freeway icon_smile.gif Or maybe open the bottle and place it on a boat, sit back and watch the fun!

I wonder if the transmitter works indoors?

Guest makaio

So the GPS device actually transmits it's location when the cap is twisted off. It doesn't say if it simply transmits once, or if it's continous. It'd be fun to pop the top while on a train or driving along a freeway icon_smile.gif Or maybe open the bottle and place it on a boat, sit back and watch the fun!

I wonder if the transmitter works indoors?

Guest cliffy

Awesome!!!!!! Seeing as I'm on the Ontario/Quebec border I believe I'll be crossing over the provincial line to get my next case of beer........hmmmm I'm more of a Bud man but Coors will do icon_wink.gif

Guest cliffy

Awesome!!!!!! Seeing as I'm on the Ontario/Quebec border I believe I'll be crossing over the provincial line to get my next case of beer........hmmmm I'm more of a Bud man but Coors will do icon_wink.gif

Guest PneumaticDeath

Instead of "You are the search engine", in this case "You are the cache".

I had a crazy idea once (okay more than once), but this one involved a cache that had a gps unit in it, a satellite internet connection,and was put inside a watertight container set adrift in the pacific ocean. There would be a web page with the (current) location of the cache. Finding it would be tricky.

-- Mitch

Guest jeremy

I had a talk with one of these companies about using their tracking devices and making them hitchikers, but they wanted me to pay for them. Yuk. They can get expensive.

Battery power would be the biggest concern. You'd have to have an extremely low power device, solar powered, or nuclear to keep it going for any good deal of time.

Jeremy

Guest Iron Chef

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

I had a talk with one of these companies about using their tracking devices and making them hitchikers, but they wanted me to pay for them. Yuk. They can get expensive.

Battery power would be the biggest concern. You'd have to have an extremely low power device, solar powered, or nuclear to keep it going for any good deal of time.

Jeremy

Nuclear powered beer? We truely are a superior civilization. :~) Take that you peksy Apes!

------------------

-Iron Chef

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

agefive.com/geocache/ ~ Fe-26

Lets Drive Fast and Eat Cheese!

Guest cliffy

quote:
Originally posted by PneumaticDeath:

Before you get too into this project, you may want the check out the cautionary tale -- The Story of The Radioactive Boy Scout.

-- Mitch

Holy %$#@!!!!!! That is incredible.. My dad used to work in that field.....Setting acceptable limits for uranium miners etc., and even visited the surrounding towns near Chernobyl for the UN. I can remember running around the house with my siblings with geiger counters as a kid...... Amazing how many things actually DO give off radiation.

Guest Cucumber Jones

atertight container set adrift in the pacific ocean. There would be a web page with the (current) location of the cache. Finding it would be tricky.

Every time I think I've got the best Idea for a cache, someone's beaten me to it!! Agh!! Well, great minds think alike, right? (Some just think faster. icon_smile.gif)

-Cuke

Guest Cucumber Jones

atertight container set adrift in the pacific ocean. There would be a web page with the (current) location of the cache. Finding it would be tricky.

Every time I think I've got the best Idea for a cache, someone's beaten me to it!! Agh!! Well, great minds think alike, right? (Some just think faster. icon_smile.gif)

-Cuke