List of reviewers

Looks like the UK is bigger than I realised, when did Deci start to land grab :rolleyes:

Land Grab :shocked: the size of the area I Review has reduced a huge amount :yikes:

IoM, Malta, Gibraltar, Jersey & Guernsey, and pre Regions caches Listed in Northern Ireland under the UK [caches in NI could also be listed under Ireland] have been the responsibility since before I became a Reviewer, of the UK Reviewers.

Way back in 2006, the UK was split between 3 Reviewers, Eckington took bellow N51, Lactodorum took N51 to N53, and I took everything above N53. The other 2 also Reviewed the Non UK mainland areas between them.

Move forward to April 2008, and I all of a sudden, inherited everything :yikes: .

August 2008 and Graculus and Alba came on board, and the team has grown since.

NI was put into Ulster Ireland [that is the Historic Ulster, which pre-dates the Modern one, by hundreds of years] so the Irish Reviewer took that off my hands. Antheia as she lives in the Channel Islands, took them off my hands. And I have handed over various regions, as new team members have come on board.

To be honest IoM. Malta and Gibraltar do not have the sort of numbers, to justify recruiting a locally based Reviewer. In fact it has only been the last 6 months or so, where Gibraltar has had a number of caches published, it was so quiet before that, I was shocked to actually get one there to review :laughing:

I've also dropped from publishing over 10,000 caches in 12 months [2 years on the trot ], to a very sedate publish rate :laughing: now days, it's almost like being retired :laughing:

Deci

oh and at one point I was Reviewing 110-120 caches a day, 7 days per week :yikes:

Thanks for the link.

Are reviewers ever 'retired' or asked to step aside after a set period of time?

The UK has had 6 Approvers which was the original name for Reviewers Resign on Mass in 2003, and 2 Reviewers Resign in 2008 [ 2 people I worked very closely with for just under 2 years].

There has been a case of a Reviewer being removed by Groundspeak, but that is the rare case. Reviewers have resigned for a number of reasons. And some have taken sabbaticals.

There are Reviewers, who have passed 10 years in the role, and are still active. Personally I'm into my 8th year in the role, and 2 of my colleagues in the UK, will hit their 5th year come August. There have been Reviewers who have only put in a few months to a year in the role. Everyone's situation varies.

For me personally, as a Full Time Carer, Reviewing gives me a escape from Carers Four Wall syndrome, I've made very special friends, who I work with very closely every day and whom I'm very proud off. And I have made a huge friendship base

One rule applies to all Reviewers, where ever they are, and that is "Reviewing should be fun", not achievable 100% of the time. But the majority of the time. When the fun goes out of it, that is the time to hang up the Reviewer account, and happily walk away.

Deci