Your Loneliest Geocache

Playing around with a pocket query a little in some of the least cache-saturated places in the world, and found a survey question to ask here: what is your loneliest geocache you've placed, that is to say the one you've placed with the furthest distance from another cache? As a bonus question, run a pocket query then for 500 caches/ 500 miles centered on the spot and report here either how many caches there were within the 500 mile radius OR (more likely) how far away the 500th cache is from your lonely geocache.

My winner is an Earthcache in Tibet, 35.1 miles away from its nearest neighbor (which I also placed) and 78.5mi from its nearest neighbor that I didn't place, in Lhasa... and there are only 71 geocaches within 500 miles, most hundreds of miles away in Nepal but a few as far down as Kolkata, India. I knew it was a remote part of the world when I visited, but never realized it was quite THAT remote! :blink:

You can also btw post your loneliest geocache you've found, it's just I think for many of us that's a touch more difficult to work out. :)

Our remotest placed cache is an earthcache (GC2JPKQ) WHICH IS 50.9 miles from the next nearest cache.

Our remotest find is a traditional cache (GC2H3G4) which currently is 206.1 miles from the next nearest cache, although when we found it was 393.5 miles from its nearest neighbour and 485.6 miles from the nearest cache in the same country.

Our remotest find is a traditional cache (GC2H3G4) which currently is 206.1 miles from the next nearest cache, although when we found it was 393.5 miles from its nearest neighbour and 485.6 miles from the nearest cache in the same country.

Coincidentally, I've found three caches on the same island (but in a different country).

Is one I own in Montana on a hunting trail. Hasn't been found since July 2009 and only has 3 finders.

To add the lonelist one I found was one in WA called Corn Maze, which is now archived. It had gone over 1000 days without being found.

edited to add one I found

Edited by jellis