Optional "took-it-to"-Logs

waws

It would be great to develop a new feature concerning Travellers.

Some Travellers have many, many logs and most of them are "took-it-to"-logs. That makes a very confusing TB/Coin-Website.

Somtimes you have to look over many pages to find a log, which is really interesting. Page for page only took-it-to-logs, thats boring.

My idea is: The owner of a Traveller has during the creation of his TB to choose between the two options "Accept took-it-to-logs" and "do not accept took-it-to-logs.

If the "do not accept "took-it-to-logs"-option ist chosen, the finder of the traveller has not the possibility to log it "took-it-to".

Greetings from Germany

Werner (waws)

There is an easy solution...

Kill the "auto-logs" option of those devices/apps that do such.

At least one of the Apps was designed as a kind of site attack :ph34r:, so there's no removing of site-filling logs from that one.

But there is currently a way to stop all "took it to" logs: Place your Trackable into your Collection, and now people can only log "Discover" and "Note". That's not ideal for most cachers, but it would work.

My idea is: The owner of a Traveller has during the creation of his TB to choose between the two options "Accept took-it-to-logs" and "do not accept took-it-to-logs.

If you get rid of "Visits", cachers can log a Drop, then a Retrieve. On every cache. So it will still be boring, but then you get two email notifications from each "dip".

If you get rid of "Visits", cachers can log a Drop, then a Retrieve. On every cache. So it will still be boring, but then you get two email notifications from each "dip".

Yes! Lets go for that!! That will considerably reduce the trash on Trackables' pages! Very few people will go through those stages!

Yes! Lets go for that!! That will considerably reduce the trash on Trackables' pages! Very few people will go through those stages!

Won't slow me down.

That's how it used to be, until Groundspeak introduced the "visit" log. There's pros and cons to that. At least with a "retrieve", you have to write something, and the TO gets an email. OTOH, if someone does go through all the steps every time, you'll get flooded with emails, and the page is twice as cluttered.

I'd like the option to filter out "visit" logs when I'm looking at a trackable page. Have them there for the record, but be able to hide them.

There is an easy solution...

Kill the "auto-logs" option of those devices/apps that do such.

I personally think that 'Visit All" should only be available for TBs that one owns.

Secondly, why have a TB page that only shows 10 logs, when someone can easily add 100+ logs with a single click of the mouse?