Egads- naked people on the park

Guest toict

I was scoping out a good cache site near a local bike path across the river from an apartment complex full of college students when I saw this guy trying to avoid being seen down a dirt extension of the paved path. I sat and watched him for a while and the second time I saw him come out of the path, he followed a lone female jogger who had broken off the path to go to the apartments after a work out. Luckily, the guy had someone else show up on the scene. So, he acted like he was just walking around aimlessly until the witness was out of sight. The stalker then bolted full speed around the backside of the apartment building, presumably to catch a glimpse of the girl he had been following. He was then out of sight and I thought I would call the police if I saw him out there again.

In the mean time, my curiosity got the best of me and I started to cross the bridge to walk down the dirt path to see what was down there. As I was starting onto the bridge, the creep started walking up behind me. It was my turn to act like I knew someone in the apartments and walk aimlessly as I watched him over my shoulder. He went down the dirt path again! I thought to myself, okay this guy is definitely up to something - I'm going to go see what he's doing down there.

So, I walk down the path checking the bushes to make sure he's not waiting for me. The next thing I see is this guy running (hobbling really) down the path straight toward me with his pants around his ankles!!! icon_eek.gif He was pacing a girl that was running on the bike path across the river from him! AAAAAHHHHH!!! When the guy saw me he took off in the other direction (and so did I). I called the police and the guy just walked aimlessly past the doctor's office I was calling from and up the street never to been seen again (hopefully). I've had more nudity in connection with geocaching than I ever wanted. NO MORE!

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar...

I was scoping out a good cache site near a local bike path across the river from an apartment complex full of college students when I saw this guy trying to avoid being seen down a dirt extension of the paved path. I sat and watched him for a while and the second time I saw him come out of the path, he followed a lone female jogger who had broken off the path to go to the apartments after a work out. Luckily, the guy had someone else show up on the scene. So, he acted like he was just walking around aimlessly until the witness was out of sight. The stalker then bolted full speed around the backside of the apartment building, presumably to catch a glimpse of the girl he had been following. He was then out of sight and I thought I would call the police if I saw him out there again.

In the mean time, my curiosity got the best of me and I started to cross the bridge to walk down the dirt path to see what was down there. As I was starting onto the bridge, the creep started walking up behind me. It was my turn to act like I knew someone in the apartments and walk aimlessly as I watched him over my shoulder. He went down the dirt path again! I thought to myself, okay this guy is definitely up to something - I'm going to go see what he's doing down there.

So, I walk down the path checking the bushes to make sure he's not waiting for me. The next thing I see is this guy running (hobbling really) down the path straight toward me with his pants around his ankles!!! icon_eek.gif He was pacing a girl that was running on the bike path across the river from him! AAAAAHHHHH!!! When the guy saw me he took off in the other direction (and so did I). I called the police and the guy just walked aimlessly past the doctor's office I was calling from and up the street never to been seen again (hopefully). I've had more nudity in connection with geocaching than I ever wanted. NO MORE!

quote:
Originally posted by infosponge:

There's a _big_ difference between some pervert stalking women in the woods and other folks enjoying nature au naturel.

Quite true. There are many areas 'out there' where one might see naked people. So don't go, or just get over it. It may not be for me or you, but it's essentially harmless.

IMHO,

Bluespreacher

quote:

There's a _big_ difference between some pervert stalking women in the woods and other folks enjoying nature au naturel.

I agree their intent is different, but for all practical impacts on my day the result is nearly the same. I have nothing to get over, I just think the choice of whether or not I see someone without their clothes should remain an unalienable right.

quote:
Originally posted by Blindman:

I just think the choice of whether or not I see someone without their clothes should remain an unalienable right.

Yes. icon_eek.gif And we also shouldn't have to look at ugly people. icon_cool.gif Or beautiful people. icon_rolleyes.gif Or anyone in between. icon_razz.gif Or people dressed, but barely (which is usually far more provocative than naked, anyway.)

icon_wink.gif

quote:

I just think the choice of whether or not I see someone without their clothes should remain an unalienable right.

Yes. icon_eek.gif And we also shouldn't have to look at ugly people. icon_cool.gif Or beautiful people. icon_rolleyes.gif Or anyone in between. icon_razz.gif Or people dressed, but barely (which is usually far more provocative than naked, anyway.)

icon_wink.gif

I've never seen any "bares" while out hiking, though I did recently spot some "bears."

Oh, that's not true . . . there was that time I was hiking an infrequently used path through Inwood Park in NYC and surprised two "involved" teens. Egads! I said "sorry!" and kept moving, but I think their moment was spoiled. icon_eek.gif

I've never seen any "bares" while out hiking, though I did recently spot some "bears."

Oh, that's not true . . . there was that time I was hiking an infrequently used path through Inwood Park in NYC and surprised two "involved" teens. Egads! I said "sorry!" and kept moving, but I think their moment was spoiled. icon_eek.gif

I did my first cache in the buff last week. It was in the 90s and humid (Florida) and in a remote area so I was 99.9% sure I wasn't going to run into anyone. My clothes were soaked with sweat from the hike out there, so off they went. icon_smile.gif I immediately felt about 10 degrees cooler and the rest of the trip to the cache went quickly.

So I guess there's a few geo-nudists out there... There's not too many caches out there where you can do that though.

Maybe we need an addition to the cache types for clothes-optional caches? icon_wink.gif

I did my first cache in the buff last week. It was in the 90s and humid (Florida) and in a remote area so I was 99.9% sure I wasn't going to run into anyone. My clothes were soaked with sweat from the hike out there, so off they went. icon_smile.gif I immediately felt about 10 degrees cooler and the rest of the trip to the cache went quickly.

So I guess there's a few geo-nudists out there... There's not too many caches out there where you can do that though.

Maybe we need an addition to the cache types for clothes-optional caches? icon_wink.gif

Hooray, hooray,

It's the first of May,

Outdoor sex begins today.

I'm not gonna say anything against these people, because I used to engage in such activity myself. Quite enjoyable to do what comes naturally out in nature, where my ancestors did it for hundreds of thousands of years. I'm getting a little old for that stuff now, but if the right opportunity presented itself, and if the Sig Other was willing.... icon_biggrin.gif

Hooray, hooray,

It's the first of May,

Outdoor sex begins today.

I'm not gonna say anything against these people, because I used to engage in such activity myself. Quite enjoyable to do what comes naturally out in nature, where my ancestors did it for hundreds of thousands of years. I'm getting a little old for that stuff now, but if the right opportunity presented itself, and if the Sig Other was willing.... icon_biggrin.gif

many regions of the USA people are blown away by naturism or nudism. go out west and hike around or visit a primitive hot springs and you will see its a way of life / hobbey for many people including whole families. I dont even need to mention how narrow minded this stigma attached to nudism is... look to our European buddies for guidance on how we should really interpret this activity.

No worries man, our culture has so many hang ups about this stuff compaired to many parts of the rest of the world where people wouldnt even bat and eye at this and this thread would never exist

now then... im gettin buck nekked n caching wOOT ! not in Ohio yo I would be jailed in a flash get it in a flash! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<-T 3 a |/| B a || d i T 0->

S [] U T |-| 3 U < |_ i D [] |-| | []

many regions of the USA people are blown away by naturism or nudism. go out west and hike around or visit a primitive hot springs and you will see its a way of life / hobbey for many people including whole families. I dont even need to mention how narrow minded this stigma attached to nudism is... look to our European buddies for guidance on how we should really interpret this activity.

No worries man, our culture has so many hang ups about this stuff compaired to many parts of the rest of the world where people wouldnt even bat and eye at this and this thread would never exist

now then... im gettin buck nekked n caching wOOT ! not in Ohio yo I would be jailed in a flash get it in a flash! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<-T 3 a |/| B a || d i T 0->

S [] U T |-| 3 U < |_ i D [] |-| | []

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Renner:

Check out the logs on March 11 for these 2 caches:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=13538&logs=y&decrypt=

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=13540&logs=y&decrypt=

Bob

If this happened to me ... the five gals would be 5 foot 2 inches tall and 300 lbs. and somewhere around 65 years old! icon_frown.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Renner:

Check out the logs on March 11 for these 2 caches:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=13538&logs=y&decrypt=

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=13540&logs=y&decrypt=

Bob

If this happened to me ... the five gals would be 5 foot 2 inches tall and 300 lbs. and somewhere around 65 years old! icon_frown.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

The other day while I was creating a cache, I was riding down the road (on my bike) and saw a guy (clothed) get out of a truck and start walking down the trail I was headed for. When I got to the trail, I turned down it and saw the guy about 100 ft away naked. icon_eek.gif I stoped, i guess he heard my brakes, and he turned around and held his pants around his waist. icon_rolleyes.gif I decided to turn around and take a different trail, but when I got to his truck, I couldn't resist leaving a note on his truck: "Like hiking naked?" icon_razz.gif

The other day while I was creating a cache, I was riding down the road (on my bike) and saw a guy (clothed) get out of a truck and start walking down the trail I was headed for. When I got to the trail, I turned down it and saw the guy about 100 ft away naked. icon_eek.gif I stoped, i guess he heard my brakes, and he turned around and held his pants around his waist. icon_rolleyes.gif I decided to turn around and take a different trail, but when I got to his truck, I couldn't resist leaving a note on his truck: "Like hiking naked?" icon_razz.gif

I ran into a couple of older teens just getting started (partially clothed) on a cache today.

I was busy working with my GPS and turned the corner and icon_eek.gif

He alerted her, she looked my way icon_razz.gif, turned away covering her front icon_rolleyes.gif.

I just stood there for about 5-10 secs icon_confused.gif before realizing they would probably appreciate me moving on icon_wink.gif.

I did as the cache was about 400 feet into the woods off the trail nearly in the opposite direction.

They were gone when I came out.

I decided to search and see if anyone else had experienced such a thing.....and dang..this was a long thread.

Ken

Ken

Visited one of the natural springs in New Mexico today. We hiked 2 miles to a cache site near a warm spring. It sure felt to good to take it all off and relax in the water (even got the wife to do the same!). After the break, I headed up the trail to get the cache. Oh yeah, I didn't put my clothes back on until we started hiking back to the truck. We'll have to do some more nude geocaching as the weather warms up! (it was only 70 today)

bandbass.gif

My husband and I were out geocaching today, in about 70-80 degree sunshine. We were on part of the Barton Creek Greenbelt in Austin, TX. We found a nice place to cross the creek without getting wet, and also noticed a couple of girls enjoying the sun. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. After we passed by, (fairly closely, too), my husband asked if I had noticed the girl was trying for the "ultimate" tan. I had noticed her lying out, but not topless, as he had. I asked him if enjoyed the view, and his reply was, "I was trying not to... I'm too much of a gentleman!" icon_wink.gif

quote:

I agree their intent is different, but for all practical impacts on my day the result is nearly the same. I have nothing to get over, I just think the choice of whether or not _I_ see someone without their clothes should remain an unalienable right.

Seems strange that someone calling themself "Blindman" would comment about nudes.

On the way home today I decided to grab a quick cache in a local park. This is a small city park, but has great trails. After grabbing the cache (Mini-Me GCG20W) I hiked back to the car. I decided to take a side path back to the car. On the way back I encounted a pair of young adults "expressing their love to each other". I chuckled to myself (a thought I should have brought my digital camera). I was about 20 feet away and they saw me walking towards them. I walked by, smiled and said "How is it going" and kept on walking. It was a great end to a caching trip...

Reminds me of a monkey sans a partner from another thread. Hung Monkey

Some people find the monkey inappropriate. Those same people would find this behavior inapproriate. You have to wonder how they leave their house to go geocaching. You are going to run into things in the world. If you are not equipped to handle it, how would you know to just tip your hat to the nice people you just busted scrogging and move on? If you can't deal with it; whats the point of getting out?

It's not like we go looking for this stuff! Ok I don't go looking for it. I can't speak for the rest of you.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

Stopped by a roadside trailhead to find a cache just the other day and there was some guy laying in basically a ditch (outside of the view of traffic) sunning himself.

I think the human body is beautiful, but only when I'm feeling artistic, not when I'm out in the everyday world and not when it's some gnarly old guy. :)

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."

quote:
Originally posted by Team Kender:

I think the human body is beautiful, but only when I'm feeling artistic, not when I'm out in the everyday world and not when it's some gnarly old guy. :)

Hey, even gnarly old guys need love.

Maybe he needs to impress a loved one with his tan...

Ron/yumitori