Egads- naked people on the park

Guest toict

Well, we thought it was going to be a beautiful day. We thought it would be a great day to geocache and take the dog for a run. We trekked the direct route, through fields, woods, mud, and water. We found Owl's house (this was a multi-cached Pooh Themed Cache). We were on our way to Rabbit's house when we saw another couple. We figured, oh they must be geocachers. They were headed in the direction we were going. We waited a few minutes, as we did not want to interrup their geocaching. They stopped and laid down a blanket. The were right where we estimated (with our GARMIN GSPMAP 76)Rabbit's house was located. We were about 500 feet away. I guess they did not SEE us. We watched in SHOCK as they started to remove their clothes. I yelled out very LOUDLY for my dog to come back, thinking this would alert them. Surely, I thought, they would stop this behavior if they realized someone was near. To my dismas, they continued to remove their clothing. We quickly diverted our course southward towards our car. We figured we would continue our hike through Thousand Acres woods another day. Hopefully when the nude sun bathers are not around. We will try again another blustery day.

Houston Geo-Cachers

That wouldn't bother me. 'Cept I might be a little intimidated to interrupt them to find the cache. I'd have to give that some thought.

Heck, maybe you could have interested them in Geocaching! icon_smile.gif

Jamie

That wouldn't bother me. 'Cept I might be a little intimidated to interrupt them to find the cache. I'd have to give that some thought.

Heck, maybe you could have interested them in Geocaching! icon_smile.gif

Jamie

Guest Rich in NEPA

quote:
Originally posted by JamieZ:

Heck, maybe you could have interested them in Geocaching!

Nude Geocaching. Now that's a thought!

One time I went hiking (alright, don't laugh) nude in a very remote part of the AZ desert. It was ... exhilirating! icon6.gif After all, Edward Abbey used to do it.

~Rich in NEPA~

==========================================================

?Confucius say: Man who live in glass house should change clothes in basement.?

[This message has been edited by Rich in NEPA (edited 17 February 2002).]

Guest infosponge

I've been nude hiking out in AZ too...lots of natural hot/mineral springs out there. And some remote areas of Pennsylvania and Maryland. You really feel closer to nature that way. And you don't care so much if it's raining because your clothes aren't getting all wet. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Rich in NEPA:

One time I went hiking (alright, don't laugh) nude in a very remote part of the AZ desert. It was ... exhilirating!

Guest infosponge

I've been nude hiking out in AZ too...lots of natural hot/mineral springs out there. And some remote areas of Pennsylvania and Maryland. You really feel closer to nature that way. And you don't care so much if it's raining because your clothes aren't getting all wet. icon_smile.gif

quote:

One time I went hiking (alright, don't laugh) nude in a very remote part of the AZ desert. It was ... exhilirating!

quote:

One time I went hiking (alright, don't laugh) nude in a very remote part of the AZ desert. It was ... exhilirating! icon_wink.gif

ALan

quote:

One time I went hiking (alright, don't laugh) nude in a very remote part of the AZ desert. It was ... exhilirating! icon_wink.gif

ALan

Rich, please, PLEASE tell me you don't hike like that in your PA/NJ travels? The thought of encountering a nude man with nothing more then his "hiking stick" in the middle of the woods.......

Then again, do you happen to have a SISTER who shares the same obsession? I might be able to do more of theose NEPA caches if your did! icon_smile.gif

Rich, please, PLEASE tell me you don't hike like that in your PA/NJ travels? The thought of encountering a nude man with nothing more then his "hiking stick" in the middle of the woods.......

Then again, do you happen to have a SISTER who shares the same obsession? I might be able to do more of theose NEPA caches if your did! icon_smile.gif

Guest Rich in NEPA

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

Rich, please, PLEASE tell me you don't hike like that in your PA/NJ travels?

Mopar, your safe. I would never try that around here. Too many bugs.

quote:

Ummm, no sister, but I maybe I could find a nice virutal cache for you!

chase.gif

~Rich in NEPA~

P.S. BTW, no sunscreen, but you sure have to watch those cactii!!!!

Guest Rich in NEPA

quote:

Rich, please, PLEASE tell me you don't hike like that in your PA/NJ travels?

Mopar, your safe. I would never try that around here. Too many bugs.

quote:

Ummm, no sister, but I maybe I could find a nice virutal cache for you!

chase.gif

~Rich in NEPA~

P.S. BTW, no sunscreen, but you sure have to watch those cactii!!!!

Guest clatmandu

Must not have been any cholla nearby, eh? icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

[One time I went hiking (alright, don't laugh) nude in a very remote part of the AZ desert. It was ... exhilirating! ] icon6.gif After all, Edward Abbey used to do it.

~Rich in NEPA~

Guest clatmandu

Must not have been any cholla nearby, eh? icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

[One time I went hiking (alright, don't laugh) nude in a very remote part of the AZ desert. It was ... exhilirating! ] icon6.gif After all, Edward Abbey used to do it.

~Rich in NEPA~

Guest Jake.Hazelip

Ahhh, the joys of living in a country founded by Puritans kicked out of Europe. Nudity is a bad thing here in the states. rolleyes.gif

I'd have walked up to my intended cache and if they were fine with it, I'd be fine with it. If they were fussy, I'd be fine with it. Unless the cache was on private property, the nudists should expect the occasional visitor now and again.

Guest Hawk-eye

quote:
Originally posted by Jake.Hazelip:

Ahhh, the joys of living in a country founded by Puritans kicked out of Europe. Nudity is a bad thing here in the states. icon_biggrin.gif) that should be required to buy a permit to shed that much clothing in public! icon_biggrin.gif

348_1002.gif

Guest Hawk-eye

quote:
Originally posted by Jake.Hazelip:

Ahhh, the joys of living in a country founded by Puritans kicked out of Europe. Nudity is a bad thing here in the states. icon_biggrin.gif) that should be required to buy a permit to shed that much clothing in public! icon_biggrin.gif

348_1002.gif

Guest Lone Ranger

In the Klamath Falls area of OR, we have a cache located at what the locals call the NUDIE HOLE, (Don't look Ethel!!). We captured the cache but the Lone Ranger guided me this way and that so I could avert my eyes!! I think he was protecting my dignity. Tonto

Guest King Pellinore

dignity and nudity are *not* inversly proportionate. Nudity is fine with me! That's the way we were made, and it's the best way to be. But hey, if it's not for you, that's ok too.

quote:
Originally posted by King Pellinore:

dignity and nudity are *not* inversly proportionate. Nudity is fine with me! That's the way we were made, and it's the best way to be. But hey, if it's not for you, that's ok too.

GREAT! So now I gotta worry about running into YOU doing the geostreaking thing too?

Guest Lone Ranger

What I meant was the Nudie Hole place is a rock quarry where people used to go swimming in the buff-fine with me (been there done that), now it has turned into something on sleazy side. T

Guest King Pellinore

quote:

GREAT! So now I gotta worry about running into YOU doing the geostreaking thing too?

Not at least till the summer! LOL! Fear not, good Mopar, there's a proper time and place for all things, and Most of our local geocaches are *not* appropriate.