Which GPSR has best screen people with poor vision

I have a Magellan Exploist GC but the screen is hard for me to read. The type is too small. Any suggestions on a receiver that has larger print. I like the GC for having the ability to have cache descriptions ect. We have an older Magellan Explorist and it is much easier to read but it doesn't have the features we would like.

You don't necessarily want the biggest screen, rather the biggest pixels. Bigger pixels will render the largest/easiest to read text. You can do a little math to arrive which screen has the biggest pixels.

Keep in mind all Garmin's I've used allow you to customize the font size. Perhaps only on maps, not sure, not tested recently.

Start with the GPSMAP 62/78 family, in the past these have had the largest pixels.

I use an Oregon 450 which has among the smallest pixels, but got my bifocal upgraded and all is well. :)

I have a Magellan Exploist GC but the screen is hard for me to read. The type is too small. Any suggestions on a receiver that has larger print. I like the GC for having the ability to have cache descriptions ect. We have an older Magellan Explorist and it is much easier to read but it doesn't have the features we would like.

I bought a Garmin Montana for this very reason. It's bit bulky in the hands but I can see and even read the text with my aging eyes. My caching partner has also has one and has no trouble with the size. I don't get to the N.U.T.S. events much anymore but there should be plenty of folks there that would let you test drive one.

My wife got me a Megllan 110 for quadding and just starting geocaching. The screen was too small for both. Just bought a Garmin 600. WOW what a difference of screen size and set up. Still learning but can see the screen. Not sure about the maps though whole different dicussion. Just my opion

Guess it depends on your definition of "poor vision". For most of my life, I was 20/1200. Coke bottle bifocals. I could read fine print by looking over my glasses. About ten years ago, I could no longer read the "50 MPH" sign on the side of the road. Time for cataract surgery! I am corrected to 20/20. But with severe limitations. Plastic implants do not focus. They are plastic! I now focus at 24" for the bifocal, and 4' or beyond for the upper lens. Hey!!! I can see! But, I can no longer read fine print. Modern technology (including GS) ignores us visually handicapped. (Actually, discriminates against us visually handicapped.) Top of the screen! No. My bifocals are set for 24". That's the bottom of the screen, and the keyboard, and the desk top. The young kids doing the programming do not understand these problems.

I do quite well the Garmin eTrex 20. And Palm for recording my finds. (Okay. Looking down at the Palm to record finds can be a bit tough.)

But, you have not defined what your vision problem is. Have you done anything to try to correct it? Perhaps cataract surgery should be considered?

My complaint is that these geeks who do the programming are young kids with 20/20 vision. They do not understand (nor do they care) that many of us are visually impaired. But, they do not care! (Interestingly, my last post on this subject was deleted by TPTB. When the tabs were moved from the left side of the screen to the top.)

Hey! I can see! For which I am very grateful to modern medicine. But I am visually limited.

It is time for programming geeks to realize that 'top of the screen' is good for 90% of the users. 'Bottom of the screen' would be good for 95% of the users. Nope. They do not care.

Guess it depends on your definition of "poor vision". For most of my life, I was 20/1200. Coke bottle bifocals. I could read fine print by looking over my glasses. About ten years ago, I could no longer read the "50 MPH" sign on the side of the road. Time for cataract surgery! I am corrected to 20/20. But with severe limitations. Plastic implants do not focus. They are plastic! I now focus at 24" for the bifocal, and 4' or beyond for the upper lens. Hey!!! I can see! But, I can no longer read fine print. Modern technology (including GS) ignores us visually handicapped. (Actually, discriminates against us visually handicapped.) Top of the screen! No. My bifocals are set for 24". That's the bottom of the screen, and the keyboard, and the desk top. The young kids doing the programming do not understand these problems.

I do quite well the Garmin eTrex 20. And Palm for recording my finds. (Okay. Looking down at the Palm to record finds can be a bit tough.)

But, you have not defined what your vision problem is. Have you done anything to try to correct it? Perhaps cataract surgery should be considered?

My complaint is that these geeks who do the programming are young kids with 20/20 vision. They do not understand (nor do they care) that many of us are visually impaired. But, they do not care! (Interestingly, my last post on this subject was deleted by TPTB. When the tabs were moved from the left side of the screen to the top.)

Hey! I can see! For which I am very grateful to modern medicine. But I am visually limited.

It is time for programming geeks to realize that 'top of the screen' is good for 90% of the users. 'Bottom of the screen' would be good for 95% of the users. Nope. They do not care.

I am 56 and had cataract surgery in both eyes when I was about 8 years old. This was long before laser surgery and implants. My vision is about 20/40 in both eyes. I wear contact lens. I can still read a newspaper but need it about 12" away max. Our Magellan GC has small fonts and display is pretty poor for seeing unless you are in a room with out any sunlight.

The Montana sounds really good. I need to go to REI or somewhere and try it. I also like the idea of the street navigation. I am an electrician and when I have to go to a new place and look for addresses I have bad vision for that also. I appreciate all the information from everyone. The Monterra sound like it would be pretty awesome also.