First geocache(s) have been officially published!

My husband and I have been working on hiding our first series of geocaches, and after a couple weeks of hiding (and re-hiding) and gathering waypoints (over. . .and over. . .) they've finally been published~ It's a set of three geek-themed traditional caches, re-tracing the first date we went on, and contains two little FTF prizes and a trackable. I can't wait for people to start hunting for them!

tumblr_mq997e78uT1rqb1dxo1_500.gif

*Very excited*

Question: do you automatically get notified any time someone logs a find or a note on any of your listings/trackables? Or do I need to keep checking back?

Question: do you automatically get notified any time someone logs a find or a note on any of your listings/trackables? Or do I need to keep checking back?

Yes - for your listing you will get a notification for all logs.

For trackables you will also get a notification - EXCEPT if the trackable "visits" a cache; there is no notification for this. If it gets dropped in a cache, retrieved from a cache, a note etc you will get a notification.

It looks like your new caches were just published last night. If I were closer, I might try for a FTF. I'll bet you first-time-cache-owners could hardly sleep with all of the excitement! Listen for that email beep when the FTF-hound rushes out in the early-morning light to bag the find! Oh, the thrill! B)

do you automatically get notified any time someone logs a find or a note on any of your listings/trackables

All logs are forwarded to the email address you set up with your account. They come from "noreply@geocaching.com".

Sometimes people don't get these emails (spam filters will often grab 'em). Be sure you can receive them.

If you already saw logs from a reviewer during the publication process as email, then you're good... those were forwarded to your email addy from noreply@

Congrats on your first caches!

Edited by Isonzo Karst