Auckland, New Zealand Geocoin

funkymunkyzone

Hi everyone.

The organising team for the upcoming NZ Mega 2013 have designed and minted the first ever Auckland, New Zealand geocoin. The coins are being sold as a fundraising effort for the mega event, all proceeds going to the event.

We have minted 4 editions of the coin:

SE standard edition in polished gold

LE limited edition in polished copper (just a few left)

XLE extreme limited edition in antique gold (sold out in the first 24 hours)

ULE uber limited edition, one of a kind, in antique copper (we're not sure what we're going to do with this one yet)

auckland-2013-geocoin.jpg

auckland-2013-geocoin-le.jpg

If interested, these coins can be purchased from the NZ Mega online store, and as mentioned above, all proceeds go towards the event in October this year. (Link to store with permission from Groundspeak)

Thanks for looking!

That's beautiful! Wish I could attend your event. I was in Auckland about 15 years ago, but only one night on my way to Fiji. Would love to visit longer next time. :)

For now I will have to settle for a couple of coins. Anyone trading the antique gold edition?

That's beautiful! Wish I could attend your event. I was in Auckland about 15 years ago, but only one night on my way to Fiji. Would love to visit longer next time. :)

For now I will have to settle for a couple of coins. Anyone trading the antique gold edition?

or a polished copper?

ILYK

I forgot to mention some important details:

- There are in total 200 of the standard edition coins, 35 of the limited edition, 15 of the extreme limited edition, and just 1 of the uber limited edition.

- We will not be minting any more.

- These are trackable on geocaching.com.

- They have their own icon (you can see it if you look at my owned trackables in my profile).

We have standard edition coins available and just 2 limited edition coins left. Once they are gone, they're gone! :)

Thanks for looking, and thanks to those who have purchased them - your support for our mega event is most appreciated and may you thoroughly enjoy your geocoins!

Edited by funkymunkyzone