Central Lancaster County Geotrail in pennsylvania

Mcpat12

In Lancaster County Pennsylvania there is Amish Country. This place is visited by many tourists a year many of them geocachers. There are current caches there right now but they are the average geocache micro LP, GR or nano caches. I think if we got the community together both geocaching and muggle. We could get a really good series out with some interesting caches like Spring Grove just 40 miles to the west. We could put out some pretty cool caches and some people from near and far find the caches on the trail.

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the Mid-Atlantic forum.

Additionally, I'd encourage interested hiders to thoroughly review any applicable land management policies (including those promulgated by PA DCNR, Appalachian Trail Conference and Lancaster County Conservancy) and the Geocaching.com listing guidelines (including those regarding private residential property and caches along highways). Power trails in Pennsylvania are a bit more of a challenge to construct than would be the case on BLM land out west.

The poor Amish people. Now they got geocachers checking out their fence line and posts. :ph34r:

I've done a bit of caching in the Lancaster area and surprisingly I have yet to find one that was camo'd with fake horse poop.

Can't search for that by attribute. Need a list? Back when you could search by name, entering "road apple" would have helped narrow the field.