Talk about coincidence

v_morph

A couple of weeks ago, I had started a webpage on yahoo called MonterreyGPS to get the sport off the ground in Northern Mexico. I did not know about the website "geocaches.com" at all, but I had heard about the game itself on the news. I was very interested in participating. I actually created a cache point near where I live and published the coordinates on this page-

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/monterreygps/ . I adivised interested participants to get a topo of the area, a compass and a GPS.

While I was surfing the net, I came upon a GPS online store and entered one of the forums. I finally learned about the game and how big it is all over the world. I really was exited but what really blew my mind is that of all the caches in Mexico there was only one in Northern Mexico, and this cache was only 3.4 mile from my house. I just jumped on my mountain bike and found the cache within 30 minutes. It really was a great find.

The thing that really made me happy is that the cache was placed by a highschool kid who lives in Houston, Tx and comes to visit his grandmother in the summer here in Mexico. The cache had been placed a couple of weeks ago, and I would bet that he didn't expect for someone in this little town to ever find the cache. I got an e-mail from him and he was very exited to know that someone had actually found his cache (GC6041). icon_smile.gif

I will now create my own caches in this area and hope to get more people in Northern Mexico involved. icon_biggrin.gif